dulwich medical centre

Please, please, please report any issues direct to the Quality Care Commission. This is the body set-up to inspect the quality of care in GP's and other Health settings.

The link is:

https://www.cqc.org.uk/give-feedback-on-care

I am furious that the practice cites Covid for all its problems now when I am sure the owners are still making a profit....In my experience there are one or two receptionists answering calls in the morning, it's not enough. And there are not enough medical staff employed by practice for the number of patients they have. I don't mind someone earning a profit when the service is good but to cream off profits by providing an appalling service is immoral and should be stopped by those in power. People are suffering.

It's certainly got worse over the years I've been there. We moved from Forest Hill Rd years ago because that was useless and for some years have been satisfied with DMC. But now it gives the initial impression that patients are just a nuisance.

I have been outraged by this practice as we, the excuse now is "Covid", which doesn't make sense.

I have been trying to get my 1 year old checked for weeks, only to be told that if I am worried i should go to A&E or the walk in clinic in King's.

Which is outrageous.

I have sent an email of complaint to NHS England.

Maybe more should do it to get them to change something!?

When I got ill after having my daughter and needed urgent course of antibiotics, I tried to call them for three hours and never went through. Had to send my husband who arrived to find the practice super quiet with two receptionists doing not very much. Never got to the bottom of what happened. I actually hate DMC.

Needed to get a repeat prescription from the DMC. Was told to go on the patient access portal and order that way. I went onto my account on the patient portal, but I could not see the "New Request" button anywhere. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve? Thanks, Annie

On the phone for 45 minutes this morning to re-arrange an appointment they'd cancelled in the first place. Heavens knows how long we'd have had to hang on for but coincidently another branch of the practice rang and were able to help after their query was answered

I rang this morning and was 19 in the queue. Rang this afternoon and got through after a few minutes.

Was offered a phone appointment for 9.30 Tuesday but I will be at the hospital for an eye procedure. Asked can you switch the last appointment or another late afternoon one with me at 9.30. Answer Cannot do that you will have to ring on Wednesday to see if any appointments available.

Do not understand why.

How many other appoints are like this this.

Following the posts from Lynn and Rupert James I will add my experience today.

I received a text asking me to make an appointment with a doctor regarding blood test results for diabetes.

Result, no appointments,no indication of what is available or could be available but ring tomorrow at 8.am to see what is available if anything.

When asked to be connected with whoever is in charge answer no one senior is in to give answers or look into the system.

Good luck if you have to make an appointment.

They cannot reasonably discuss results online or send via text, etc.; they have to know who you are or they could be divulging private health records to a stranger. Be reasonable. By speakign to a human they have done as much as they reasonably can to check it is the right person, by asking for full name and DOB, etc.