help:Christmas present for nursery staff

berbel

My baby has been going to nursery since September and really loves it. All the staff are lovely and I would like to show my appreciation this Christmas but I have no idea what I should by them. My funds are limited so I cannot afford to buy individual presents. Any ideas? I wanted to avoid the chocolate tins because it seems a bit impersonal. Thank you

Hi Berbel,

You are so sweet. A tin of biscuits or chocolates always goes down well. Plus you can write individual cards for the staff to give it that personal touch.

Having worked in nurseries previously I can assure you that the staff are not expecting individual presents.

I'm glad that you have found a lovely nursery.

All the best

Delithea

My plan was to make some gingerbread (although cheating and using the blocks of dough from sainsburys rolled out and cut into xmas shapes!) and then put in a glass jar tie with ribbon to make it look festive!

My daughter have a lovely key worker but also has a great relatioship with the head of the baby room, and the out-of-hours staff too so I want to be able to thank them all!

You can make little christmas posys very inexpensively from holly, Ivy which you can pick and other evergreens. Maybe a few fake berrys or baubles to brighten it up. A little from the florist supplemented by some forraged bits can go a long way. Tissue paper and a ribbon finishes it off really nicely.