Planning Application flats above ESPH - WITHDRAWN

Cora

This is a large development proposed to be 2 storeys above the existing building - no extra parking spaces, no Space for bins and will massively change the low level skyline in this lovely area next to the cinema..please take a look and lodge any comments to planning - these will not be social housing!

It says deadline for public comments is 7th January but the planning officer can still take comments up to the 20th January.

The email address is [email protected]

The reference is 20/AP/3185 and details can be found on Southwark planning website.

https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

Call me cynical but I presume Park hill chose their timing carefully Christmas and Covid!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cora. I?ve added comments. It?s my understanding that development to this height should not be allowed as ED is deemed a suburban area (vs Peckham which is deemed urban) but I have less and less confidence that Southwark Council will follow its own rules these days.

I found the link above didn?t work so adding again here:

https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/

You can find the application by searching 3185

The applicant Parkhill successfully obtained planning permission 19/AP/0387 for a partial development on to of the single existing flat adjacent to ESPH on Bassano Street. This subsequent planning application is classic salami tactic. Get a bit of what you want and then very hard to refuse the final brick in the overalll scheme. Hard to imagine this strategy was'n't all thought through in 2019 by Parkhill.

Parkhill redeveloped 29-31 Lordship Lane - would be good to hear from any residents there about the quality of the flats to give a context for this application.

What is proposed is an over development of the site.

Nothing answering the blank frontage the current ESPH presents to Lordship Lane.

Clearly rubbish and recycling storage, bicycle storage isn't adequately addressed in the application.

Tow main problems. Southwark Council current administration is overly friendly to developers. National government has made it harder for councils to refuse permission.

COVID and Brexit means further increased pressure ot allow such schemes to get the economy moving and start to claw our way back to pre Covid and counter the BRxit hit over the next few years.

But letting standards slip impact the next 100+ years the look and feel of East Dulwich.

If anyone needs support responding to this scheme please email me.

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the deadline for comments for this application is officially tomorrow although the planning officer can take into accounts any comments made up until they make their decision around the 20th January. Please take time to look at it. It is a large development of flats next door to the cinema and will have a big impact of the feel of the area if it gets approval.

Thanks

There's been a glitch meaning I couldn't post on here for a couple of days so just bumping as the official deadline is tomorrow although comments can be taking into consideration by the planning officer up until the 20th Jan. Please take a look as it could have a big impact on a special part of East Dulwich.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...