Bonfire and fireworks on Dawson Hill

Steven Taylor

Hi all,

Its my birthday on Sunday, so I was thinking about having a big bonfire with some fireworks on Dawson Hill on Saturday night, with some friends*. I was wondering, are we likely to be disturbed by any busybodies, who don't like fireworks? Or any dog owners who think their dog is more important than God so no one should let fireworks off, in case it is scared? I appreciate that bonfires might not e legal in this area, but with everything else closed- how else am i expected to celebrate my birthday?

*We'll all have taken a covid test earlier in the day, and we are outside anyway so covid will be non transmissible.

I bought absolutely loads for Bonfire night and NYE, so got plenty left over (we were so pissed on NYE we actually stopped letting them off as it was getting a little dangerous!). Also found some dumped pallets down Brixton way which we have dried out, ready to burn on Saturday night.

Now all we need is the weather to hold out- fingers crossed!

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Think you need a 'Guy' to burn too. Burning

> Catholics is no longer appropriate. Tory

> ministers and the PM seem to be fireproof so that

> is not a runner. Trump feels to obvious. Others

> may have good ideas.

We were actually thinking of getting a few black plastic wheely bins from the local flats, dressing them up as Corbyn, Khan and Starmer etc, and burning them on the fire with a bit of petrol.

Sorry to tell you Steven, but I took your advice which you posted a few weeks ago, and have been fly-tipping all my junk on Dawsons Hill (what are the chances?!). If you can clear a path through it all to get to the top, just remember to take a mask, as if you decide to throw some of it on the bonfire, most of it will produce some pretty toxic gases.