Parking Charge Sainsbury?s Dulwich

nmh

I?ve just received a parking charge notice (PCN) for apparently exceeding a 2 hour parking stay in the Sainsbury?s car park. My total stay was 2 hours 23 minutes because I have a young toddler who had a meltdown and needed a change and this was combined with a large family shop in which I couldn?t find much of what I needed. Not to mention I had to queue for about 40 minutes!

Has anyone had any success appealing the ?42 charge? I think it?s unreasonable and clearly a way for a private company (Horizon Parking) to generate revenue.

I would give it a go and cite your one-off problem (and the long queue) ut I wouldn't hold out much hope. That is how folk make money these days - it is not illegal, and you did go against the contract. Harsh, but true and typical of the UK right now. At least this will help others be aware that the company is quick off the block for revenue.

This happened to me and I went to customer service desk with receipt and copy of the fine and they were able to get it cancelled - definitely give it a try - the Sainsbury staff were very helpful - and apparently the time limit used to be 3hrs but they changed it last year. Good luck

:-)

I think it?s down to what?s reasonable.

If you?re in front of a magistrate for a ticket you received and appealed for simply shopping with babies during a pandemic where there?s long queues, they?ll hardly regard you as out of order.

The parking ticket Co. knows this and they?ll play you until then.

Persist and then claim for compensation for stress from the whole procedure.

You?ve done nothing wrong.

I had similar for 2x PCNs for ULEZ and CC. I represented, they said No. I appealed they refused the appeal. We headed for court, they backed out days before. I said no you can?t back out now, you refused me twice and my story (and evidence) hasn?t changed - you would have taken my money after you rejected my appeal but now we have to stand in front of reason (magistrate) you feel shy. So they avoided court by dropping the court date and I?m chasing them for compensation for my time and trouble dealing with tickets that were invalid and inappropriate.

Can you let everyone know how you get on pls?

> Persist and then claim for compensation for stress

> from the whole procedure.

> You?ve done nothing wrong.

>

> I had similar for 2x PCNs for ULEZ and CC. I

> represented, they said No. I appealed they refused

> the appeal. We headed for court, they backed out

> days before. I said no you can?t back out now, you

> refused me twice and my story (and evidence)

> hasn?t changed - you would have taken my money

> after you rejected my appeal but now we have to

> stand in front of reason (magistrate) you feel

> shy. So they avoided court by dropping the court

> date and I?m chasing them for compensation for my

> time and trouble dealing with tickets that were

> invalid and inappropriate.

definitely will be cancelled, these people are a private company working on behalf of Sainsbury's was the land owner.. I think more designed to prevent the car park just being used by commuters etc, like other people on here have mentioned, its worth just taking it into customer services & they can probably get it cancelled without you having to bother to appeal.

My neighbour, a blue badge holder, received a parking fine for staying 2hours 13 minutes. She asked for my help as she was trying to pay it by telephone. Having seen this thread we went to Sainsbury's customer service just now. They couldn't have been more helpful. They explained that blue badge holders still get up to 3 hours free parking, but you have to go in and register your blue badge details with the customer services. They then also cancelled her parking ticket from last week. Big thanks to customer service staff and manger at Sainsbury's, Dog Kennel Hill! 👍

Update - phew. I went into Sainsbury's and met the new 'customer experience manager' who said she'd sort out the fine for me. She's just started at the post and could not have been more helpful. So it looks like I won't be getting charged after all. Thanks for the input and advice everyone.