Missing Mouse pointer on PC

DulwichFox

My Mouse pointer has gone from my PC.

'Mice and other pointing devices ' is missing from 'Device Manager'

I have tried using 'Scan for 'Hardware Changes' in Device Manager (youtube tutorial)

this should show 'mice and other pointing devices' and reinstall it but does not show in list.

I am stumped.. any ideas as to how I can fix this problem

HELP

Foxy

morning DF

I googled Missing Mouse Pointer and found this

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-fix-cursor-disappeared-in-windows-10/342eb3df-c60f-44c1-b038-f14bf5c15e19#:~:text=Depending%20on%20your%20keyboard%20and,%2B%20F9%2F%20Fn%20%2B%20F11.

It may be useful, I don't know what system you have, but there is lots of infor online.

someone may be able to provide tailored support to you - I hope you get this fixed.

Jules

Long time ago (when I did this) devices used to be found in device manager as "unknown device" or a device that is not working.

Maybe upgrading the device driver or removing and re-scanning anything like that would help.

Just checked mine and there's also "view"->"show hidden devices" - might show up something ?

assume it's a wired USB mouse Foxy?

have you tried a different USB port and restarting? Any chance of using same mouse on a different pc?

I'm happy to send you a new mouse if you need one as I have a few spare - am sure someone more local will jump in before tho

It's the mouse from my Touch Pad. not an actual separate mouse.

I have made a BIG mistake.. Following online instruction..

I disabled '12c HID' device. BUT I cannot Enable it because my Touch pad now is not working

and I do not have a Mouse.

I have tried calling Netquest but not answering

I am now using a 15 year old Windows XP machine with no email

Foxy

*** SORTED ***

I contacted a guy from Solid Rock IT UK Name Mark

Very Nice guy.. His workshop is currently closed but does Call outs..

Told him my problems and booked me in for a call out today.

I asked him about Starting in Safe Mode on Windows 10

He said . Power Down.. Hold Shift Key and power up...

I tried this and.... Everything came back up as normal .. with Cursor..

Was able to then Enable '12c HID' in device manager..

All fixed.

I Strongly recommend Mark

Solid Rock IT UK

38 Grove Vale

07951 878 703

Foxy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Well at least you didn’t live here when we used to have Concorde 😂 can’t lie though, I actually find it comforting, haven’t known anything different and only realised it was a thing when a visitor pointed it out last year. It’s when the helicopters come around that it gets annoying and that used to be fairly regular too. Before the area… changed…
    • As long as there are other ways to offer feedback, but also to speak to the council about this matter, then 1-1 feedback to GALA is not a problem, but an additional option. 
    • It's four bus stops away so hardly a deterrent unless one has mobility issues. Gala nor any other events organisers are under obligation to do what they've agreed to do. I'm sure if those who are serious and want to be heard will make the effort to attend the meeting. Whether their concerns have an impact or are taken seriously. Unless you can prove Gala have purposely chosen Peckham Levels as a means to deter people from attending i don't think it helps matters by implying that there's some sort of agenda or conspiracy going on. From following this thread it appears that's it's you with the agenda. Your display of arrogance in the post above ( Let's not pretend ) suggests that we're all in agreement with you.
    • I’m Greek, and I get my information directly from Greek media. I couldn't access the Economist article, but it doesn't seem very different from what I mentioned, apart from their ideological angle—and thanks for adding the actual text. If the government involves other private educational institutions, the situation will become more complicated indeed. However, I don't think it can be compared to the Greek situation for the reasons I mentioned and those in the Economist article, which I find prejudiced and patronizing, if not racist. (But a gap between ideology and real life is something with which many Greeks seem to live quite contented) Regarding the Economist's information, I'm not sure how many private schools closed, as the Economist claims, since the law only lasted for two months. I definitely know of one school in Piraeus called Michalopouleio, but given the law's brief duration, it can't be the sole reason.  Tsipras sending his sons to a private school does create an ethical problem. However, asking him to send his sons to a public school, when public education has been chronically neglected by right-wing governments, is similar to asking leftists to give away all their money.  Additionally, the right-wing government has introduced legislation that allows private colleges and universities this year, so there's no “problem” there anymore.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In