Are any Whateley Road residents or Hyde Housing tenants struggling with the noise from the school?

Hello, are there any Whateley Road residents or Hyde Housing residents struggling with the noise from the school?

I moved here very grateful for the police station which was then demolished and

replaced with a school. Is anyone else adversely affected by the noise they did not choose to

live by? Who also moved here in good faith that we had a police station?

Is this situation causing you stress, depression, illness?

Please p.m.

The school is there only part of the day and part of the year and has a small playground and has restrictions on parents arriving by car, so restrictions on noise are in place, they could argue. I am sorry you are sensitive to the noise but I do not think that it would be strong grounds for a transfer. Techniques like mindfulness can really help with not reacting to noise, etc. It works with lots of people, even with planes, etc. Also, your GP may be able to help with techniques to stop you from getting too anxious about the noise, etc.

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The school is there only part of the day and part

> of the year and has a small playground and has

> restrictions on parents arriving by car, so

> restrictions on noise are in place, they could

> argue. I am sorry you are sensitive to the noise

> but I do not think that it would be strong grounds

> for a transfer. Techniques like mindfulness can

> really help with not reacting to noise, etc. It

> works with lots of people, even with planes, etc.

> Also, your GP may be able to help with techniques

> to stop you from getting too anxious about the

> noise, etc.

I too live very close to this school. The noise starts at 8:30 and doesn?t finish until after school club ends at approx 6pm. I don?t feel that constitutes ?part of the day?. Apart from play times and lunch times there are PE and other lessons taking place outside as well. The sheer volume of noise is so invasive. I?m not sure how restrictions on driving to the school has any bearing on the noise levels? I have had to (just for my own mental health) spend a fortune on new acoustic double glazed windows as was finding I could barely hear my own TV at its highest volume. I have to wear headphones in the garden as cannot hear myself think otherwise. Even during the rare quiet periods in the day I find my tensed shoulders hunched around my ears waiting to for the next onslaught. Every delivery driver or caller to the door remarks on the shocking volume of the noise from the children asking how can I put up with it. One might think that it is surely delightful hearing children running around enjoying themselves and for a half an hour here or there I?m sure it is, try it all day, all week, all month etc. believe me it gets old very quickly. As a sun worshipper I now find myself praying for rain for some peace and quiet. I can no longer enjoy spending time in own home or garden now that all the children are back after Covid restrictions eased. I have no idea why the walls that previously housed the police station courtyard were knocked down/not rebuilt as would have provided a welcome sound barrier and protection from pollution for the children. I feel your pain citykitty, you?re not alone.

I suggest a letter to the Chair of Governors expressing your concerns re volumes of noise and ask whether they could look at physical ways of reducing this i.e some form of barriers/green fence/etc.

Also, when plans were drawn up for the school there would have been an environmental impact assessment. May be worth while contacting environmental services to seek advice and also ask perhaps they could monitor the noise levels.

Primary school age children do tend to shout and scream at a high level especially when excited.

Oh hun I hear you

Definitely write school.regards transfers all social housing im afraid has very strict reduced reasons for transfer which why they suggested do a exchange.

Shame you didn't know going to be a school we exchanged last year but we visited every prop and its area 1st to rule out schools nearby,traffic noisy neighbours because i suffer a condition that affects me greatly related to noise.

I'm with hyde they do help best way is exchange though homeswapper is very good.

Or writing to the school, children do need let off steam and playground going to from school is that time plus sports.

So I'd look place not near school if decide swap.

Good luck hopefully school can make some adjustments

Hi Countrlass22, Thankyou for your message, I would try homeswapper but condition of the property in disrepair and the repairs team are careless and a risk to my health. So I'm trapped, plus I don't know who would want to inherit all this noise, damp and mould. I feel like it is killing me.

Hi city kitty

Right no thats not acceptable,

I was informed hyde have a 3 step complaint procedure for that type disrepair.

Please do go threw that,a friend did do one problem at time.

If pm me I can help more no problem I had property those issues before mine was L&Q

I did get them resolved.

Its no problem id love to help

Thanks Countrlass22, I will continue the fight! Tried the complaints stages etc, but no luck.

Told to be grateful I have a roof over my head and that I was lucky to be in a desirable area!

Even though my Doctor says this is endangering my health.

Pugwash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Given the outcry relating to council tenants in

> Croydon - why not contact Southwark Newa about the

> state of your property and your health etc

> situation. I have always found their news team

> very cooperative re local issues.

Or Private Eye .....

Or Helen Hayes (MP) who is always helpful.

Or your councillor.

Or the Citizens Advice Bureau?