Food Standards Agency SE22

Mick Mac

Yeah, I'm with you on that reeko. I've got pissed off with what I perceived to be party political grandstanding in the past, but I've got to say, I'm flummoxed.

I can't see how what James Barber in this regard is doing is anything but to our benefit. Wanting the local eating establishments to be up to snuff is a good thing, surely...?

If James has no right then the FSA will tell him to p off. But I think he is a citizen and as such I thought everyone had a right to report good or bad premises. A general improvement in food hygiene would benefit everyone - except maybe the few who are already good But even they are better off with the reputation in East Dul being good surely?

It is and regular testing is a good thing for the community. So well done JB, we want high standards.

I would not put this in the same category as other complaints towards JB however. We have every right to be critical if we don't think his approach is correct. This particular criticism is a personal one from UncleBen and imo misjudged.

In this case it seems UncleBen would be happy to see his establishment benefit from its good FSA rating, as compared to others, and doesn't want JB to play a role in bettering the standards of other establishments, which I think seems a bit selfish, where food safety and the health of ED people is obviously a concern.

Hi UncleBen,

Virtually all the shops with very low ratings were last inspected well over 6 months ago. Many much longer ago.

It is not acceptable for our community to have businesses selling fooding with such low food hygiene ratings and the council to sit on it's hands for such periods. Some of the premises are aimed at children.

I'm sorry if these premises do rapidly improve if it harms your business. But your financial benefit fro mthe potential ill health of residents could never be allowed to deter me from doing the best possible job I can for our area.

Hi the-e-dealer,

The inspections would be undertaken by council officials. When somewhere gets a zero, 1 or 2 star ratings they shoud automatically be reinspected. I'm amazed I'm having to chase this.

Generally, my hope would be East Dulwich becomes well known for having great food places not just in terms of taste and value but also hygiene. Some really well loved local businesses are letting us all down.

Cllr Barber,please please read the procedure-you cannot ask for re-inspections -only the proprietor can. Therefore you are misleading everybody, again! Its like Cllr Barber asking for all East Dulwich registered cars to have MOTs when not due! If Cllr Barber and anyone else cared to read all the gumph on the website they would see that health inspector inspections frequencies are governed by national and european laws-not Barber and his shameless waste of councils time and mis-information to his constituents!

I do not know where NorthX Rd food stallholders wash their hands susiq,maybe JB can tell us!

FFS UncleBen - I get it, James gets it, even people in the family room get it and their brains have been turned to mush by sleeplessness and baby talk. The rules state James cannot request re-inspection. That doesn't make it sensible or right. If a restaurant has gotten a rotten score and has not been reinspected for six months or longer, can you give any reason, other than "thems the rules", that James or any other citizen should not want to see these establishments re-inspected? How is this in the customers interest?

Makes you wonder how many of the early christian ascetics had been minor local functionaries of the Roman Empire.

Just reading this stuff is enough to drive me to 30 ft pole in the desert.

- I think you'll find Iocomus Barbator, that you haven't the authority to inspect wolf nipple chips. That the power resides with ....blah etc.

Sheesh.

Calm down everybody peeps! We have established that JB has no right or power to request re-inspections, that was my whole point. Now, as for star ratings Strafer Jack, Georgia, and others have said that ratings will not influence their choices-thats fine. On the other hand reeko and mick mack will be influenced by ratings-thats fine also. Rosie, it would be foolish of me to say which establishment(s) i am connected with, suffice to say it is popular and with a high rating. And I like uncle bens!

Stallholders have to have handwashing facilities on site. We earned 5 points at Mother's Dumplings - and we use a hand basin, hot water in flasks, cold water for mixing, anti-bacterial soap and a hand towel. As well as disposable food gloves. If in doubt, ask the stallholder in question...

susiq Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> where do the people in north cross road, who sell

> food wash their hands etc., befor the Palmerston

> opens its doors?

I've asked for re inspections. Getting a zero of 1 star from an inspection means they're very likely to be a health risk to our community.

UncleBen. Your comments don't apply when a business gets a zero or 1 star rating. I'd like to have been able to ask for the 2 stars to be reinspected as well which clearly need to be improved but I can't.

JB-exactly how long has the star rating scheme been running? You did not seem to care beforehand. Oh wait, southwark operated its own rating scheme before the national scheme which was under the condem led southwark council-you did not care about it then either. Funny that.

Edited to add that JB is sooo concerned about ED residents health that he has not considered that ED residents may actually eat outside of ED. Sheesh. Zero political stars JB, just too see through!

reeko Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Give it a rest uncleben. You are getting seriously

> tiresome. James, thanks for your efforts, happier

> to know that something is being done to tackle one

> and two star establishments.

Give it a rest reeko! Go back to lib dem leaflet drops!