East Dulwich Charter Year 7 Sept starters - summer meet up?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone with a child starting Y7 at East Dulwich Charter in September would like to meet up.. I know they might do an induction day in July but how about a socially distanced picnic where the kids can get to know each other a bit before starting what is quite a big transition in the autumn.

Perhaps a picnic in Peckham Rye park or Dulwich Park so lots of space to be safe in these times.

Let me know,

Cora Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A sunny Sunday afternoon?

Sounds great!

I know they should have a taster day in school in July but something more informal, running around or lolling on a blanket in the park (inc for parents) would be nice I think :) I will post something again around the end of June so we can set a date...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have been in contact with Jellybeanz who is no longer organising a meet up due to a change in circumstances. It would be a shame not to take their great idea and organise an informal meet-up for the kids (and parents) so I would like to suggest Sunday 25th July 2-4pm at Dulwich Park on the green outside the playground by the table tennis tables. (This should give us space and allow kids to play in playground or run around/play football etc). I'm not able to organise anything particular but I thought at least if we have a date and time we can just turn up and they can get on with it? If anyone wants to organise more, feel free!

Please PM if you plan to come.

Hi All,

More people have contacted to say they can't make this date than can! So have decided to change the date to the end of the holidays when less of the focus will be on holidays and goodbyes and more on a new start and new friends! So, same place and time (Dulwich Park 2-4pm) on Sunday 29th August (with term starting the following week).

Please PM if you plan to come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...