Noise complaints on oakhurst grove - 6.45pm Saturday 15th May

Whoever complained about the music coming from our garden on oakhurst grove yesterday at 6.45pm needs to go and get a life. Granted, all of our quality?s of life has been significantly impacted because of

Covid - but I think complaining because of music from a speaker in the garden at 6.45pm is just tragic.

They love a moan up about noise on this forum, be it loud music, loud kids, loud Dogs, noisy traffic, even people talking to loudly on their mobile, you can bet your bottom dollar that these people who are moaning weren't born and bred in London.

Living in an urban area there is always going to be noise from other people going about their lives. We all just need to show consideration by not gardening / playing music / using building and diy tools too early or late. The odd night of music or people in a garden until 1am is not ideal but unless you can live somewhere in isolation where you can control the noise for miles around you its going to happen. As long as its considerate - and music at 6.45pm on a Saturday doesn?t sound inconsiderate - then live and let live.

Covid has meant more people working at home and that?s likely to continue so if you can keep noise to a minimum during the day. There will always be some unavoidable noise and noise is more noticeable in the summer as we have windows open.

There will be those who work shifts or have children who need to sleep but we can?t all know about that. My dad worked shifts and slept during the day - we always said he could sleep through anything but he had to. Children need to learn to sleep with some background noise growing up round here or they are going to struggle to sleep as they get older.

Think do you need to make that noise at that time? How would you feel if that noise was going on at that time?

If you have children yes they need to run around and let off steam but could you stop off at a park / playground on the way back from school and let them do it there rather than in the garden when you get home?

Anyone got any tips on noise that can be annoying and when to keep it down. Its not always going to be possible but maybe there is something someone wouldn?t consider an issue but someone else might and it could be avoided / minimised.

Mfcjoe - I Started a thread about dog noise just the other day and I am 100% born and bred London.

But you are right, this is city living and you gotta expect some noise, but you can also expect people be aware & considerate of others.

Though must admit - music at 6.45pm on a Saturday (assuming it hadnt been gling on all day and wasnt ridiculously loud) doesnt seem particularly outrageous to me, and personally, I would always try to approach a neighbour directly before formally escalating. Do you think you?d be feeling less agitated if they had knocked on the door and asked you to turn it down a bit?

Errrr I think might have missed my point a bit - we were enjoying our garden, it wasn?t too loud, it wasn?t late, and hadn?t been going on too long. You?ve got to expect some give and take if you live in London. We put up with noise all the time

T.Aurora Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Errrr I think might have missed my point a bit -

> we were enjoying our garden, it wasn?t too loud,

> it wasn?t late, and hadn?t been going on too long.

> You?ve got to expect some give and take if you

> live in London. We put up with noise all the time

Did anyone come over and ask you turn down the music before registering a complaint?

I figure it's unlikely you'd have a speaker capable of making noise loud enough to warrant a complaint.

Music in a garden at a very reasonable time in the evening on a weekend isn't complaint-worthy.