Bike stolen in East Dulwich

Hi everyone

My lovely brother-in-law had his beloved bike stolen from his shared lobby on Sunday. He'd only just moved in to the new flat in SE22(had been there less than 24 hours) so is understandably gutted!

We would be grateful for anyone who could keep an eye out and let us know (send me a private message) if the bike turns up.

Here are the details...

Black Trek hybrid. Road wheels-Michelin Tyres. Double function pedals. Front suspension.

I have attached a pic.

Thanks so much.

there was a bike looking like this on the corner of kelmore grove and oakhurst road. I noticed it on monday early afternoon, and thought it strange that it was leaning against a wall, unlocked.

how awful for your brother = I do hope he finds it. usual thing about looking on gumtree?

Thank you - we are holding out that it may reappear.

If the bike was in the area of the Gardens on Monday afternoon, it does sound as though the lads who were trying to break into a flat around that time could be something to do with it....but maybe we're putting two and two together and making five.

If anyone sees the bike, please do let us know!

Thanks so much.

argh okay well the two crimes the clubman stolen and the bike crimes are definitely related. Because my son witnessed the bike on a youth down the side of the house of where the clubman mini was stolen. And remembers seeing a distinctive red light on the bike flashing.

I hate to throw water on a promising theory but every other bike in London has a flashing red light on the back at this time of year.

It's worth keeping an eye on bkshd.com - it's a site that collates all the bike listings on ebay/gumtree etc so hopefully you can find a stolen bike if someone puts it up for sale. Good luck.

Daisy I can't help with the stolen bike but if your brother needs one to tide him over, we have a basic but perfectly functioning mountain bike with front suspension that he can have. Just send me a message and arrange to pick it up, we are in Peckham Rye.