Nunhead forum

vivienne

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are a much properer person, as would I be right in guessing you are actually famous (as counts for hereabouts anyway) and are actually the same Vivienne who spoke and all on a radio programme that was on BBC 7 in middle of night recently. I had flu so might have been hallucinating, I seem to recall an antelope and some very nice guitar music which I wouldn't have minded dying to, and then, this chap who is coming Thurs starting taking to a Vivienne...really, I wouldn't have wittered on at you if I had known you were so posh.

It is not fair really I expect if you start a Nunhead Forum it will all focus on the unattainable glamour of Nunhead Lane and down here we will be left with nothing to say but "Is Ivydale the longest and most boring road in the world?" "Yes" "Hm, I thought so".

No I am not famous although I have performed under the Alias of "The artist who formally wishes not to be introduced". The Antelope (Kevin Eldon) and the guitarist (Most probably Antonio Forcione) where brought together on the "Big Booth" for Radio 4 By no less than the hugely talented and wonderfully comic performer and musician BOOTHBY GRAFFOE who is on on Thursday at PULL THE OTHER ONE

"and then, this chap who is coming Thurs starting taking to a Vivienne...really, I wouldn't have wittered on at you if I had known you were so posh"

. What Chap? Where? When?

what makes you think I'm posh? is it my accent? (actually I grew up with a Welsh accent) When I came to London in my late teens I was told it was important that I lost my accent or I would not get any work. ...this was a long time ago...and of course that wouldn't be allowed now,...If someone said that now, the accent police would be on them!!

Hey some of my proudest work I've done as a Cockney!!

Don't worry Snooze Queen I have no intention of starting anything or focusing on unattainable glamour....I just want to have a bit of a larf innit!

You're right, Sorry about Ivydale road it really is very long and very boring .I rode down it yesterday and thought ...fancy having to to walk this every morning and to Work! and then all the way home at the end of the day!. Maybe the Forum could apply for a tree top walk to be built along the wall of the cemetry so that commuters could have some views and green on their way to work...or better still a little tram shuttle just going up and down the road...it would be a great opportunity for people to socialize....Same driver, all the old folks taken care of . Too uncool for the teenagers to travel on.....the knitting group could meet on it!! ooops I seem to have gone off at a tangent....maybe I am posh...is it nice of you to say so? I can't really tell, mind you if you dont witter on at posh people what does that say about me to you?

Posh is just what I would count anyone who has been on Radio 4 (and poss even BBC7). It's extremely posh for round here.

It is good you have experienced Ivydale Road, it may be responsible for the general air of low spirits that affects us. Riding it is cheating though. To get the full benefit you do have to walk it, twice a day, 5 days (x 47 weeks).

Treetop walk is idea of genius. There is a path that runs along the other side of the cemetery from Borland Rd down to the station but it's so narrow and scary that not used. It could be infilled with building rubble and raised to tree height, thus creating delightful and stimulating daily experience and transforming entire population and area.

Please put in bid for funds.

It's a time thing I'm afraid, if I ever get time I will try and get the Nunhead Forum to work but at the moment there's no chance. Unless there someone out there who has a bit of computer knowledge who wants to help...

• 7 months later...

karter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think that it should be a Peckham SE15 forum and that Nunhead comes under it.

I don't understand why? No one from Peckham has asked for a forum but some people from Nunhead have. I think people are preferring it to be based in on the area "Nunhead" than the postal code but I may be wrong.

I guess it's best to ask those who would use a forum for Nunhead, would they prefer to have the Nunhead Forum or their own section of the Peckham Forum? Let us know...

[edited once]

I used to live in Nunhead years ago and its post code is SE15. The address went like this;

Evelina Road,

Nunhead,

Peckham,

London SE15. Technically Nunhead, Queens road, Peckham etc are all part of each other. The 'trendies' that live in Nunhead nowadays probably would prefer not be part of Peckham.

Peckham/Nunhead is SE15, KK, not SE22.

No one is saying that it's in SE22, we all agree that it is in SE15, the I think point is that it is Nunhead, and some people who live in Nunhead have asked for a Nunhead forum i.e. not a Nunhead forum which is part of a Peckham forum.

Oh and technically the address for Sopers is:

F C Sopers

141 Evelina Road

LONDON

SE15 3HB

No mention of Wandsworth at all.

I'm not really the boss when it comes to naming an area, it's the people who use the forums who swing it, if they're happy it'll be more likely to work. I'm still waiting to hear what people who would use a Nunhead specific forum say...

I never really knew where Nunhead precisly covered.

Apparently these are the wards...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/71/152994321_7a3220d2d2.jpg?v=0

'17' is titled Nunhead.

I was surprised it went so far north, and seems to encompass quite a lot of areas that I thought of as Peckham.

Given that Nunhead has it's own rights and representation, I'd see no reason for feeling it to be a 'burb of Peckham. Stand up for your rights I say.

I reckon Peckham's getting a bit uppity if it wants to consider itself a 'district'.