For parents that have kids in East Dulwich Charter

Hello,

My child is already in Y7 in Charter school. I was wondering, does the kids still do gift for the teachers at the end of the school year? I haven?t heard anything. We don?t have any WhatsApp group with other parents, so don?t know how it works. I?ve email to ?friends of EDC school? but no reply. I know that the school

In North Dulwich they do collection.

Any advice?

Hiya... my child is in year 11 and it's up to individual parents.. at most secondary schools I think it's not such a tradition of gifts to teachers as in primary school... I often brought in a cake and left it with reception with a note that it's for all the staff...apparently that was popular with staff! I also have given notes or a little special gift when a teacher we liked was leaving the school. When I was in the Friends at Charter East Dulwich I think the thinking was not to do a collection amongst all the parents as it can be an extra burden on individuals to give and people already gave alot already... and some people thought it took away from when you wanted to give to a particular teacher or write a special personal note. Funnily enough I'm popping in today with a little thank you to a couple of the staff who are leaving... possibly some cake too! :)