Alan Dale

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Won't be signing it because dogs carry out more

> attacks on humans than foxes and humans carry out

> more attacks on humans than dogs. I might sign a

> petition to cull humans though.

I second that motion

The family of foxes living near us are making our lives absolute hell. At first it was just the usual sort of stuff - fried chicken bones strewn about and the occasional chewed Croc, but over the years they have become far more bold.

They are messy and noisy; they have parties and play their music with no consideration for others into the small hours - and to cap it all off they are now in dispute with us over the fence boundary.

I HAVE WRITTEN TO CLLR JAMES BARBER BUT HE HAS DONE NOTHING

Here's a fox, two cats and two ducks. The ducks and fox are wild and visiting. I've never known foxes do anything worse than sit on my plants. The cats aren't bothered at all by them, and will play with the cubs. I could understand an argument for a cull if they were spreading disease, but not on the grounds they're dangerous, because it's simply not true.

because they are hungry! as in a previous message foxes clear up a lot of rubbish we leave, keep rat population down (like rats too) lovely to look at, have just as much right to be here as we do,through history people have always thought they had a right to "do away" with other living creatures, including some of their own, mostley for "crimes" they themselves commit - littering, noise, jaywalking, having offspring wlly nilly, destroying property, entering your home without permission etc., any reason we cant live and let live, we should be picking up our own rubbish, close the doors etc., lots of worse things about,not just foxes wander in, I've just been burgled (by vermin person) diddent deadlock door, council/rspca could also neuter wild creatures to decrease numbers without harm,and if the excuse is money, they could use the fees they pay to exterminators to kill our wildlife (and a lot of the money they pay staff for never being available/at their desk etc.) I feed the foxes because I like them, think they are beautiful, have a place in this life, they are part of all our food/eco chain - look it up, I want to contriute to their survival.

Well rats are hungry too susiq, why not feed them?

More to the point, you suggest you feed foxes to kill rats, is that correct?

If so, why?

I'll expand: given that foxes are so prevalent, it seems that you are not unilaterally responsible for their survival, so why single them out for favours?

To clarify, I'm not questioning any resentment of human criminality, I'm merely asking why foxes have precedence? Why not feed burglars?

In response to "Chillaxed" i am dyslexic so if my punctuation was not fantastic then i do appologise for my learning dissability, i think silverfox got my drift all the same! :-)

And agree totally with Susiq, what a dull place our society would become if we had no wildlife in it!

So, if foxes are wiped out, what will be next- squirrels, pigeons..... The list will be never ending! Foxes have just as much as a right as we do to be on this planet.

DjKillaQueen, love the comment regarding a cull of humans... XD

If people are worried with regards to foxes entering their homes through catflaps (which i have never experienced a problem with in my twenty years of owning cats, nor have i come across anyone else with that problem, i have however had Tom cats come into my house on a few occasions) there are measures you can take to stop this from happening.

Sophiescarlett89 Wrote:

> In response to "Chillaxed" i am dyslexic so if my

> punctuation was not fantastic then i do appologise

> for my learning dissability, i think silverfox got

> my drift all the same! :-)

>

> And agree totally with Susiq, what a dull place

> our society would become if we had no wildlife in

> it!

>

> So, if foxes are wiped out, what will be next-

> squirrels, pigeons..... The list will be never

> ending! Foxes have just as much as a right as we

> do to be on this planet.

>

> DjKillaQueen, love the comment regarding a cull of

> humans... XD

>

> If people are worried with regards to foxes

> entering their homes through catflaps (which i

> have never experienced a problem with in my twenty

> years of owning cats, nor have i come across

> anyone else with that problem, i have however had

> Tom cats come into my house on a few occasions)

> there are measures you can take to stop this from

> happening.

I have a fox flap - Keeps the god damn cats away

like SophieScarlett and DJKQ, I wondered how the fox got into a tiny baby's room in the middle of winter without anyone noticing - obviously more to this story than has been reported

For the tally-ho cull-o-philes, here are some facts and figures from that fox-o-philic rag that we all love to hate http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/shortcuts/2013/feb/11/urban-foxes-fact-fiction

My neighbour heard a noise outside his window one night and looked out to find a fox had climbed onto the roof of next door's shed and was walking up the sloping brickwork towards his open window. He has found cats doing this in the past but never foxes. Needless to say he was alarmed. Urban foxes have 6 cubs on average per litter whereas rural foxes have 3- people should be more careful about disposal of their waste.

maxxi Wrote:

> Give that this thread has so far shown knee-jerk

> reactions, a dismissal of those concerned as

> disgusting beasts, a rush to arms and a heavily

> biased one-sided view of things - shouldn't it now

> be retitled Fox News?

Boom Boom

My suggestion was not to feed foxes to kill rats I was pointing out to people who think foxes are just pests, that they do have a place (not just killing rats either) burglars do not need feeding they break in and steal what they like, burglars can also claim benefits if burglarising peoples homes dosent pay enough, I am not singling out foxes, I am happy to "help" other creatures who, through no fault of their own need help/food/kindness etc., and I do beleive we are all responsible to some extent for the survival of others/animals - not burglars.

I would happily join the E. Dulwich fox hunt. I lost 2 chickens to a fox, just before new years eve, who killed them and injured two others, one of whom I had to put down the next day as her injuries were so bad. The other chicken which the fox ripped its skin off its neck and other parts of her body has been recovering slowly but is now half of her original size. These chickens are pets and live happily in the garden (or used to.) Foxes are a menace and I speak from personal experience.

If people were more careful about leaving out rubbish, etc, then we wouldn't have anywhere near as many foxes around. They are here as a result of our behaviour. So unless we adjust that behaviour, we have to realise that we have wild carnivorous animals amongst us.

The very occasional attack against a human is pretty much negligible as far as I'm concerned. Dogs are much more of a danger to humans than foxes are.

People have dogs as pets - and there are so many attacks (and so much s**t on pavements). Yet the urban foxes not tamed do the occassional attacks (I rarely see their s**t) and you want to cull...

Doesn't make sense to me...

I've heard by a lot of English people , among my collegues, clients and friends,that:

" as many you have foxes in your area, as dirtiest is your area"...

Others told me also that the council were in part responsible of that excessive number of foxes due to not managing properly the cleaning of the streets or not organizing enough bins piking up/per week.

I am not from the UK, so, for me, Foxes were first really " nice,exotic/funny and lovely countryside clich?" as we are animals lovers at home , BUT after 2 years living in London, I find them now more a problem than a chance...

Dogs can be dangerous, right, but you have at least the CHOICE to not take the risk to expose your children to them in your house, or to have them walking and making poo in your garden!

We had two bad experiences with foxes who were eating my son's garden toys (2 times we had a fox coming in our garden to eat a ball then a plastic car although we were in the kitchen, so quite close and easily visible for that fox, but he seemed not disturbing at all by us, perhaps the results of bad behaviour of local people who feed them, or try to domestic them).

Also, our past chilminder, living in ED/Peckham borders had 2 cats killed by foxes, one of the cat were a puppy,4months old, loving to go for a fun session with the kids in the garden, and he has been killed in few seconds ( caught by his neck) in front of the eyes of the kids and the childminder, playing all togethers before the intruder came in the garden( quite narrow but long garden. It happened over the last spring.... NICE!!! my son is now petrified as soon as we see a fox... probably when you don't have kids, you easily don't mind to live among foxes in your garden, what I can understand completely.

For the rats, I would prefer more cats to get the job done.

Anyway, my opinion, is Foxes in London ok,fine, we have to adapt, and not being cruals against them, but when it's TOO MUCH, let's think about solutions to control them (better beahviour of local people, sterilisazion campaing for foxes, etc), it would be probably in the foxes interest :)

Cats are rubbish at killing rats. THEY JUST EAT ALL THE SONGBIRDS.

KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS KILL THE CATS

Fuck it.

KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING

That's better.

RosieH Wrote:

> @#$%& it.

>

> KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING

> KILL EVERYTHING KILL EVERYTHING

>

> That's better.

The original first verse (not used) of the theme song to childrens'TV favourite "How?" with Ted Fred Max Dineage and Rosie Bunty Hargreaves James.

Edited for last-minute cast changes