petrol (available?)

macutd

I don't use them myself but am frequently a passenger and find that the after-care is less good than it used to be. Some cars are dirty, others without charge and others don't close and open as they ought. It lets down a really good service but I agree that on the whole, Zipcar (electric) cars are worth signing up for.

AylwardS - it was extensively reported that only 1 percent of garages had reported shortages (last Friday) so please do not say this was not the case. I agree that stupid, selfish people are to blame but when news actually states in online, radio and TV pieces - quoting official sources - that a tiny percentage of petrol stations were short of fuel and that the big suppliers had plenty of fuel please do not say it is not true.

Does anyone know of the nearest petrol station which has petrol - this morning? My tank is on empty and I've been out on Sunday and Monday looking for petrol, to no avail and can't risk driving around in the hope of finding some. My husband is in hospital and will be coming out at the end of the week and I want to bring him home in the car. Thanks

I've got five litres of petrol contaminated with diesel. I wont even use it for a mower (which in any case needs decent fuel) so use it occasionally to get a bonfire going, not that I do many of those nowadays. I'm tempted to put it on the items to buy section.

Funny business this, in one way a useful community service, on the other hand can encourage unnecessary purchases.

Super-T Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Grove Vale Filling station (goose green near

> the roundabout) has petrol but also a huge queue

> of 15+ cars which is blocking the road badly

Still blocking the road when I walked past at 4ish today. Selfish beyond belief to pull over knowing full well they're blocking the route for other cars, plus it's a busy bus route.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I had this problem recently when I couldn't get antibiotic eye drops anywhere which I needed urgently for an eye ulcer. Wholesalers had run out. I had to get a new prescription for an alternative antibiotic. Might whoever has prescribed yours be able to suggest an alternative, even on a temporary basis, or is that not possible? I have read that this is happening all over the country. I believe it is partly but not wholly to do with Brexit.
    • It was £1k for the claim for the subsidence in my front bay. This new policy would have had an excess of £2k, but unfortunately in looking through a load of old paperwork  I came across old claims for ground movement in 1992 and around 1998 ( I think), one  at the back of the house and one when a rod was put through the front bay , which I had completely forgotten about and had been completely sorted at the time. In the interests of full disclosure, once I had found them I had to tell the insurance company, who then hiked the  excess up to £5k, even though it was so long ago. The brokers said they would try to get that reduced  next year.  🙄
    • "If I hear 'my father was a tool maker' / my wife's a nurse / my father was a GP one more time... as if any of those things qualify anyone to fix / understand anything. "   yeah but that's not the point here - many (most?) of the people watching last night are the voters who tend not to pay much attention to Westminster and may well buy the "they are all the same - born into money and detached from real life" - so Starmer's story, as overplayed as it is to you and me will be news to many
    • It was an absolute shit show. And so much anger coming from both sides, not becoming at all (was surprised how riled cool Rishi was getting).  Agree about the format, it was lazy, whatsherchops wasn't asking pertinent questions, she was just going for binary yesses or nos. The producers didn't force either side to drill down on anything, just make commitments so they got good soundbites.  If I hear 'my father was a tool maker' / my wife's a nurse / my father was a GP one more time... as if any of those things qualify anyone to fix / understand anything. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In