Are there any pet shops locally?

Keith

Morton in the pet shop on North Cross Road keeps lists of available pets from local owners (for cats certainly) so probably worth gong to see. He was really helpful answering all the questions we had when we got our first cat and we've been buying pet stuff from there ever since.

Dr Dolittles on Streatham high road is quite good - they too have a 'house rabbit' and plentiful supplies for animals of all shapes and sizes.

Although beware Mrs Dolittle, the shopkeeper who in my experience only loves animals, not humans, nor humans who have animals and buy their animal-wares from her store and thus fund her business.

This said, when her back is turned there is a very effectionate cat who sits next to the till and a funny talking parrot.

Its on the left just before Streatham Hill Station as you drive south.

Keith Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A friend is looking for a pet shop to supply her

> "house rabbits".

>

> I'm still wondering what the difference between

> indoor and outdoor rabbits are!

theres no difference to indoor or outdoor rabbits,its just where you decide to keep them when you buy them.i got one last year and because he was bought from the pet shop in january we were,nt allowed to put him outside as his winter coat was,nt developed, so he lived in his hutch in the house until the summer. he was allowed to hop about the place and we were able to believe it or not litter train him so that i was,nt walking around picking up crap all the time. only problem was it would eat anything nailed down or not,i still dont know how it is still alive as one day while washing the dishes and listening to the radio it suddenly went off,the rabbit had chewed through the live flex.however he now lives out in the garden and spent the whole winter there without any probs,has a nice big run to hop about in and keep foxyloxy away.