Charter School ED - SEN / ADHD experience

On 07/02/2024 at 18:38, charlottep said:

Slightly different question, but i'm curious as to whether schools get additional funding to support the number of children they have on the register or if funding is only available for those children with a formal plan in place? Thanks

Do you mean on the SEND register?  Most of the SEND funding has to come from within the school budget but is topped up by the LA.  

Definitely agree with all of the above, i would advise anyone who has children who are not super academic and especially those with an SEN. to avoid! Charter East does not nurture it's children and operates a punitive behavioural policy which penalises SEN kids to the point of exclusions.

The music, PE and art and drama department are woeful and the whole place is essentially oppressive.

There are however some wonderful teachers there, at the moment. But seems to be a steady stream of male teachers leaving including the amazing deputy head which will be a huge loss.

This school really has not found its feet since Mr Crossman left and i would seriously think twice if you have creative SEN boys especially.