Recommendation for a plumber - Niko

Ella-Rose Ukairo

I would like to highly recommend Niko who changed my kitchen taps yesterday. Very fair pricing and stuck to his quote even though the job took longer than expected. He knows his stuff and offered advice so as to keep the taps in good working order, plus is friendly, interesting and a really decent bloke. Niko's number is 07818 607583.

I just wanted to give a shout out to Nico a wonderful plumber who sorted a terribly blocked kitchen sink for me on Saturday evening. My issue was complicated as the blockage occured in a communal stack pipe between 3 apartments. Nico kept me informed as to when he would arrive, was very efficient in sorting the problem, charged a reasonable fee and kept me fully informed as to what he was doing and why he needed to do it, and did I mention how nice a guy he is. Lovely man with great banter. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again. I know that he has plenty of satisfied customers on this forum and I can now add my name to that list. Call him now on 07818 607583 if you need a trusted and experienced plumber.

I was delighted with the service provided by Niko who was happy to add me to his busy schedule despite it being nearly 8pm. Not only did he quickly diagnose the problem and fix it but he also spotted some other gremlins and made some adjustments so now everything is working better than it ever has. He really seems to go out of his way to do an exceptional job for a fair price.

You don't need "Super Mario" when you have "Super Niko" on the case :)

I found Niko original on the forum and have recently used him to fix a radiator that was cold and to fix and replace dripping taps in my kitchen. Niko is a friendly chap who responds quickly to you, I would highly recommend him. His mobile number is 07818 607583.

Ah, Niko!!

First time I have called upon him after an EDF search for a plumber.

Such a great guy, and definitely top of my list to call for any plumbing-related issues!

Came round quickly.

Very decent price.

Professional.

Generous with his advice and support.

Lovely person with lots of experience and reassurance.

Just what was needed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would recommend Niko to anyone. He has done a number of jobs for us - including getting us out of a very difficult situation with an illegally installed boiler (when everyone else we contacted were not able to help us). He is always easy to reach and communicates about everything that is going on. I would not use anyone else now.

Another recommendation for Niko.

He visited us twice in one week at short notice to fix leaking pipes. Not only is Niko great at his job, very professional and reliable, always calling when he is on his way, but he is also just the nicest person we have ever had the pleasure of working in our home. Very reasonably priced too. We can highly recommend Niko for any plumbing jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

I got in touch with Nico purely because of all the great reviews here. He certainly lived up to all the comments.

He came to help quickly, talked through the options and then proceeded with the job.

Efficient, professional, and very reasonably priced too.

A genuine, lovely person who also cares about his clients.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

• 2 weeks later...

Another big shout out to Niko. He recently gave me some advice to help clear a blockage in my washing machine drain pipe. He didn't even come out to look at it. His instructions (plus a sachet of cheap drain blocker that I had lying around) did the trick.

So if you sometimes need advice or suggestions, just give him a call or text.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another shout out for Niko  who came round Saturday afternoon to clear badly blocked loo. Checked our high level cistern and put in new valve in ballcock, increased water volume in cistern to prevent future blockages. Working well

Great guy - reasonable price, easy to get on with.  Need to get him out again as we have discovered a problem with another toilet in the house,

Another recommendation for Niko, this time replacing a worn out flow valve in a bathroom toilet that was tricky to get at.

Niko quickly resolved the issue, and in fact improved on what was there before so that it can be fixed in future without needing to take the cistern off the wall.

Once again, Niko is the Number 1 guy to go to for all plumbing related issues !

He is endlessly reassuring, each visit comes with sage advice and the knowledge that he is endlessly available no matter what the problem.   If he can, he will talk you through doing it yourself if it doesn't need his expertise, a very refreshing approach.

And, as I said last time...

"Came round quickly.

Very decent price.

Professional.

Generous with his advice and support.

Lovely person with lots of experience and reassurance.

Just what was needed!"

Until the next time, Niko!....

Thoroughly recommend Niko for plumbing/drain issues after he helped us out this weekend with a stubbornly blocked kitchen sink. I texted him on the Saturday morning following a recommendation, and before he accepted the job he tried to help me solve the problem on the phone so he could save me money. Once I had tried the options to no avail he managed to arrive about 20 minutes later. The problem was fixed within an hour. It's been a couple of days now and the sink/pipes are working perfectly, and he gave me lots of helpful recommendations for keeping it clear. I can't recommend him highly enough.

If you have plumbing issues, Niko can sort them out for you. Highly recommended on Dunstans Road WhatsApp group.

My first contact, he was in Greece so we spoke on the phone and he told me what to do free of charge.  Worked like a dream unblocking a toilet.

This time he found the source of a smelly sink drain and fixed it.  Then sorted a leaking tap in kitchen.  Instant quality of life improvement!

Edited by Delawis Delaw
Missed phone number out

• 1 month later...

Found Niko through recommendations here and dropped him a text.

He’s just been round late on a Friday afternoon to successfully unblock an external drain. Gave me lots of useful advice on how to avoid the issue reoccurring! A friendly and helpful bloke. Will definitely use again. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻