Agency costs.

Having looked into nursery/nanny options, we have decided to go down the nanny route it is more cost effective for 2 babies and it will cover our early commute into the City. So far I have spoken with a few agencies to gather more information, I have found an agency for 3 weeks nanny salary. They were extremley helpful and told me everything I think I needed to know. Is this a good agency fee?? Does anyone know of any other agencies offering the same or less. Planning ahead incase our twins come early. Dan

I think we paid that - seems to be pretty standard. I was happy with using an agency as they had interviewed all the nannies they put forward, only sent me cv's of nannies within my budget and quoted salaries as a gross figure rather than the ridiculous net figures that some nannies use. It was all very easy and painless and the agancy also deals with emergency/temporary nannies so felt that was good to have the details as a backup too.

I think we paid a similar amount. I got them to agree that we wouldn't have to pay fees again if the nanny were to leave within the first 6 months. I had the same experience as Snowboarder, and it's so much better to use an agency who quote a gross salary. For 2 kids our nanny doesn't work out any more expensive than a childminder and similar or less than sending them to nursery.

Thats really helpful information. Which nanny agency did you use?

We are only interested in going through an agency to protect ourselves.

What is the difference from quoting net and gross? We are totally new to this.

Thanks

Dan

I have been a nanny for over 18yrs and have got all of my jobs through agencies, they can support and help you get all get what you want and make it work for everyone involved. This time round I am seeing a real change it how things are done, the agencies do not have very many jobs but there are lots of websites and forums where parents and nannies alike are advertising, myself included. Agencies do a lot of the leg work for you, checking out who's right for which job, psorting out pay, hours, expectations, they check references, CRBs etc, when you do it yourself it can be very time consuming and there's no support. I am with Tinies agency and have found them very helpful from a nanny point of view, I am also with eden and imperial which are a bit more central but I have recently joined abbeville and they seem to be very good too.