Help needed on a double buggy please?

Hello

I am having my second child in September and my first will be 18 months old so starting to think of trading my much loved Mamas and Papas Sola pushchair for a double buggy. I have no idea what would be best and would appreciate some advice!

I don't drive and live In a flat with a narrow hall so looking for something robust, not too wide, able to fit on a bus and able to take a newborn! A tall order? Anyone have a favourite to recommend please?

Thanks!

Really depends whether you are looking for a tandem/stacking style or a side by side. Side by side I think the baby jogger mini double comes highly recommended it's narrow for a side by side and folds well however all side by sides feel huge.

Phil and teds or stacking styles are great in that they are small and compact but the view is limited for whoever is underneath.

A lot of the tandem styles can be heavy to push.

I've tried a few doubles and never found a perfect one. My favourite to push around is the out and about nipper, which is great in many ways but heavy and bulky when folded

Hi there! We have got a MY CHild Sienta Duo- it is not the flashest looking buggy but, my, I have bought 3 other double buggies in the last 4 months and got rid of them straight away again- including a Phil and Teds as jsut too wide for our hallway!

! Ours is a tandem buggy and is so much shorter than all others on the market! It is not much longer than a Maclaren single- yet both kids have plenty of space in it! It also got quite a big basket underneath!I got mine on Ebay and I just LOVE it!! We live in a house with a really narrow hall and not much storage- this buggy is narrow enough to leave out and still be able to walk past comfortably!

When folded it fits easily into our tiny car boot of an A Class merc!

Really recommend to check it out!

I have a baby Jogger city select. Yes you can set it up in that arrangement. I love it as a buggy, my only quibble is that it can be heavy to push if you have pavements with lots of drop kerbs. Most places in East Dulwich it fits great and pavements are fine. Rather annoyingly my road has a lot of drop kerbs though!

Amazingly huge shopping basket it underneath!

Hey

We bought a Donkey 2 years ago and it is brilliant. It is narrower than it looks and can fit through doors and you can get it on (and off!) the bus and another buggy can also get on. I really liked how the kids could face each other when my baby was under 6 months and they both were able to sleep in it at the same time - awesome. It is not too heavy and is great as a single with a side basket attachment too. You can also attach a board to it when the time comes. I highly recommend it.