John Marx (Top Marx Kitchens): highly recommended kitchen fitter

Pammy

John Marx from Top Marx kitchens recently fitted and tiled an IKEA kitchen and sourced a quartz worktop for us.

He did a really professional job at a reasonable price and was a pleasure to work with. He takes a real pride in his work and was completely happy to come back to deal with any minor snagging problems.

His email is [email protected]

His facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/Top-Marx-Kitchens-507518879442623/photos/?tab=album&album_id=581035282090982

• 4 weeks later...

After months of loathing my kitchen, I now can't stay out of it. All thanks to a recent refurb by John Marx. Not only is John reliable, he's very talented, incredibly hard working, reasonable on cost and a nice guy to boot. Can't recommend him highly enough. Don't take my word for it, drop him a line or give him a call.... [email protected]

Cheers

Femi

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
John from Top Marx Kitchens (07557 907729, [email protected]) recently fitted our new kitchen and he was absolutely brilliant. We can?t recommend him enough. He did an excellent job and was so helpful in response to all the untold problems we had with Wren (don?t buy a kitchen from them!) that made the job a lot more difficult. He sourced some oak worktops for us, which we really love and did lots of extra things that made the kitchen even better. He was totally reliable and a really lovely guy too.

• 4 months later...
again, another piece of praise for John. He is exceptionally diligent and attentive to all your kitchen ideas and we highly recommend him. The quality of the work is great, (and he's had experience with all types of kitchens - Wren, IKEA, wickes etc)and he's sticks to the budget and timeline he sets out for you. He's extremely friendly and easy to talk to, and always has time to respond back with questions on how the work is going. Very trustworthy and reliable - the quote was good value for money and when there were any problems encountered, he always had a solution to it and options for us to decide upon (and we didn't think he was trying to scam us out of money at any time!). We had a very old kitchen which needed starting from scratch - the walls aren't straight and a lot of the kitchen pretty dire, and he's completely transformed it - we are extremely happy with it.

• 7 months later...

We found John through online recommendations on EDF and Facebook.

John has a fantastic eye for detail, discussed alternative options with us when we asked for advice and delivered on time and to a very high standard.

Whilst the kitchen was out of use when we had the refurb John was mindful to leave the space tidy at the end of each day, and took good care with refurbishing the room.

John is supported by his wife Gabi on the admin side of this and it's works great. Good communication and a smooth, hassle free job completed well.

John has good contacts for electric and gas works.

Full kitchen refit, flooring laid, painting, fitting of kitchen, cut/fit of solid oak work top etc. Lighting, installation of gas hob/electric oven. Outstanding quality work and good value! Price v reasonable. Thank you John!

John is contactable on [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

John did an amazing job fitting us a new kitchen, and had great recommendations for plasters and an electrician that we used as well.

He went out of his way to come over to us last minute and cut out kitchen counter as it was too long to get into our flat up the stairs, when we found asbestos in the walls he again gave up his weekends for us so we didn?t loose time on the job, and is generally just a lovely, trustworthy, and incredibly hard working man who takes genuine care and pride in his work and has very high standards.

Very highly recommended!! Drop him a line on 07557 907729 or [email protected]

• 4 months later...
Just wanted to post a recommendation for John Marx, a great kitchen fitter. The quality of John's work speaks for itself (see attached photo of our finished kitchen). The installation had its challenges due to other trade quality issues and overruns but John dealt with this professionally and in a reassuring manner. He is a lovely guy also, very personable and dedicated to delivering a kitchen we were happy with. His contact number is 07557907729.

I would just like to add a recommendation for John Marx from Top Marx kitchens ‭(07557 907729‬)

John did a great job installing our new kitchen. We were looking for a high spec finish and he delivered this with great attention to detail.

He is very competitivly priced, reliable and a really nice guy. He was very accommodating and was willing to work late in the evening to fit in with our schedule.

Sophie & Mark

I just want to add my recommendation for John Marx. He recently fitted my new kitchen and did a fantastic job.

John gave a really competitive quote and provided it quickly. He finished the job within the time frame he had estimated, despite having to wait a day or two for the plastering to be finished.

John has really high standards and doesn't cut corners, taking time to make things are just right. I would not hesitate to recommend John if you are having a kitchen fitted. He is really polite and friendly too and I cannot stress enough how hard working he was.

I wanted to leave some feedback for John Marx, who fitted my kitchen last month.

I found him on this forum recommended as a reliable, good value craftsman and I was hugely impressed by his work. I'm coming to the end of a full renovation of my flat and it's safe to say that not one of the other 5-6 tradesmen I've worked with over the last year have taken as much care or pride in their work.

It can be nearly impossible to find tradespeople who care quite as much about the detail and finish as you do - they don't have to live with it after all. John was the exception to this - from recommending the best brand for my budget to coming up with clever ways of accommodating the slightly odd shapes of parts of my kitchen, John was brilliant (as well as a genuinely lovely man). After a month of living with the kitchen, I couldn't be happier with the quality of his work.

Happy to answer any questions below if people have them.

To get in touch with John: [email protected] , 07557907729

• 3 months later...
I wanted to post a very strong recommendations for John Marx. I found a recommendation for him on here and very glad I did. He has just finished fitting my kitchen and (pic attached) and despite various issues with suppliers, he has been a true professional and goes above and beyond at every stage. He is such a decent guy and is a pleasure to deal with. His workmanship is fantastic and it?s (sadly) very rare to meet someone so hardworking so reliable and all round brilliant! I?m sure he?s already busy but if you need someone then try and get him if you can.

• 3 months later...

John Marx had come highly recommended?and with good reason!

He came round to do a recce and had lots of really sound advice. He wanted to know each and every detail that I found very reassuring.

The costing and details were sent promptly by Gabi who runs the admin side of the business and is truly excellent. He did all the work to time and came back for fixes ? a slight leak from the kitchen sink appeared, my hubby texted him and he was at our front door step 40 mins later. An incredibly hard working individual who did a fantastic job and takes such a pride in his craft - and on a personal note, is a lovely person and was so kind to our kids ? highly recommended!

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for John Marx

Was great through complete renovation of my small kitchen in December, which was v.daunting to start

talked through the different kitchen suppliers, some ideas for layout and what needed doing in what order which allowed me to manage all the different bits of work myself

Gaby was great to chat to on email & always had a quick answer to questions

really great finish - I just need to actuals complete the painting properly

email: [email protected]

We recently had our kitchen completely gutted and re-fitted by John (07557 907 729)and cannot speak highly enough of the job that he did.

A clear and transparent quote was very successfully delivered within the timescales promised. John's extensive experience meant that he was able to quickly, and in the right way, deal with all of the issues that our kitchen provider (Wren kitchens) and our kitchen (uneven floor and wonky walls) threw at him. With the help of his trusty Henry the hoover he maintained a spotless workplace which was really appreciated when we returned from home each day.

It's easy to see that John takes great pride in the work he does (he was very excited about the herringbone tiling - see attached photo) and it really shows in the final outcome. My wife and I are very pleased with our new kitchen and will be in touch with John again for sure if ever we move and need our new kitchen re-doing!

• 2 weeks later...

We've also just had our kitchen gutted and fitted by John Marx - such a refreshing change from most tradesmen. He kept the place spotless and had a very much solution based approach (e.g. even when I hadn't ordered the correct number of end panels he worked up a temporary solution to allow the worktops to be templated). None of our pedantic tweaks or requests were too much trouble and he wanted to ensure that we were absolutely 100% happy before finishing the job.

We are absolutely delighted with the quality of the finish and the fact he stuck to the projected timescale (plus he is a lovely guy). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or use him again!

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

A belated post to recommend a fantastic team of tradespeople who helped us with our kitchen renovation earlier this year. All come highly recommended for cost, efficiency and service.

Kitchen Fitter

John Marx ? [email protected]

Work was excellent, after-care has been great and his attention to detail was great.

The images of the results speak for themselves! He also recommended all other trades we needed.

Worktop & Backsplash

Neil at Prestiege Worktops ? https://www.prestigeworktopsltd.uk/

Amazing service, and brilliant advice. He fitted our Corian worktop perfectly and beat all other costs for both this and the backsplash.

Painting and Decorating

Shef Symoniuk ? [email protected]

Brilliant service, quick, clean and reliable.

He decorated our kitchen, bedroom, and hallway and we will be getting him back for more shortly.

• 1 month later...

I want to highly recommend John Marx from Top Marx kitchens, who did an amazing job of fitting our kitchen. Despite multiple problems with our kitchen company (delivering the wrong items etc) John made the whole process much less stressful. He also gave a fair quote. I can?t recommend John enough!

:[email protected]

• 3 months later...

I contracted John to renovate my kitchen and he did a fantastic job. In the end, it turned out to not be as easy as we had both thought ? I was only changing the doors of old ikea cabinets, new worktop, some new cabinets and new worktop. But Ikea changed their dimensions which meant John had to customise the new cabinets to be the same size. He did a brilliant job ? and had a suitable level of OCD! He was also tidy and kind to our cats, came when he said he would, finished when he said he would, and charged a very competitive price.

[email protected]

I had my kitchen fitted by John in May this year. He really is as good as the reports say on this forum (I found him on the forum in the first place). He is prompt, knows how to help you get the kitchen you want, organised and completed everything exactly to schedule. I love my new kitchen and he is has a great eye for detail so the end product is exceptional. I also really liked the efficiency of how he works with his partner Gabi so that it all runs like clock work - this makes them a great duo as they are business like, yet lovey. I would 100% recommend him.

• 4 weeks later...
I can also completely recommend John Marx. He did our kitchen refit (floor and wall cupboards, worktops and sink) and did a great job. It wasn't the easiest situation with a small upstairs kitchen in an old house that has no 90 degree angles anywhere. He was really professional, and we are very pleased with the result. Gabi (in the office) was so helpful via email to answer our queries and advise on just about everything, such as how to stick within our budget, what fixtures and fittings we needed and sorting out the online ordering. Top marks, indeed!

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to share(and second many others on here) a recommendation for John (Top Marx kitchens). He fitted a kitchen for us a couple of weeks ago and did a fantastic job. He was excellent at overcoming all the issues with our wonky floor, wonky walls and a tight space to work in. He did especially well at handling and cutting our very heavy and fragile slabtech worktop which now looks fab.

John is v. reliable, and is precise and methodical in his work. He's also really nice to have around. He and his partner Gabi make a great team. I'd definitely recommend them if you're thinking of getting your kitchen renovated. We are are so pleased with the results.

You can contact John at [email protected]

Jenny

• 2 weeks later...

We recently had a new kitchen (purchased from Howdens) installed by John Marx ([email protected] , 07557907729) and can?t recommend him highly enough.

In terms of carrying out the initial consultation, getting a quote, and confirming dates/process, we found John and his wife Gabi (who manages the admin side of the business) to be extremely helpful, responsive and transparent. Compared to other kitchen fitters we had spoken to this was a massive breath of fresh air, and made everything feel easy and straightforward.

When it came to actually installing the kitchen, John clearly takes great pride and care in his work and the fit was to a really high standard, despite the fact that our kitchen is an awkward shape. John worked hard to keep the work on schedule, and was very communicative about how things were progressing and where he encountered any issues. He also returned a few days later to carry out a few small tidy-ups that we had noticed, and makes a point of offering this follow-up service.

We are thrilled with our new kitchen, and think John represents really good value for money. Also, he is a genuine, friendly guy, so that we both felt very comfortable having him around the house.

Hello, I wanted to take a moment to recommend a local kitchen fitter (and echo many others here) - Top Marx Kitchens [email protected] run by John and Gabi Marx.

John fitted new doors, worktops, sink and wall tiles to our small kitchen for a reasonable cost. He was very friendly and we felt comfortable leaving him to do the work while we were on holiday for a few days. He clearly takes great pride in his work and spent time on small details that others may have rushed, and looked for ways to keep the work tidy and disruption (and dust!) to a minimum.. He also happily came back to deal with a couple of small fixes. Gabi deals with the admin side and was extremely helpful via email, quick to answer questions and all costs/quotes etc were provided in writing.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them if you are looking for a kitchen installer.

I similarly have received excellent service from John (and Gabi), in fitting a sizeable new kitchen for me at the end of 2019.

John has a great deal of knowledge and experience, is very professional, works to high standards, and is very pleasant to deal with. He (and Gabi) are very responsive to emails/ texts. He solved various issues that arose. I am very pleased with the results.

I selected kitchen unit range from 'DIY Kitchens' (which John had suggested that I consider).... I am happy with the units & worktops... They are I think a very good option.... (I had a Howdens kitchen installed in another property two years ago.... DIY Kitchens was much lower in cost, and to me is just as good... )