John Marx (Top Marx Kitchens): highly recommended kitchen fitter

Pammy

.....And another well deserved recommendation for John and Gabi Marx.  He just fitted an IKEA kitchen for me and they helped me through the whole process as I have never had a new kitchen before. Any issues along the way were raised and a solution agreed and some minor snagging issues were dealt with very promptly and on a Sunday too ! The attention to detail is impressive and he really knows what he is doing. I dreaded this project but was more than happy with my decision to use John and Gabi and the quality of the kitchen fit. 

John from Top Marx Kitchens installed my kitchen in February 2022, so this review is a long coming! 
Just to reiterate the comments above, it was a pleasure to deal with Gabi who, despite having to have very similar conversations every day, didn't dampen my excitement for my new kitchen. 

I found John to be super hard working, friendly and very knowledgeable. My kitchen was from DIY kitchens and I bought a broom cupboard which was basically the wrong size (my fault). John in his wizardry somehow made it work! In addition to being very skilful, I was comfortable with having him in my home. And as a single woman, that's something I appreciated. 

A year later, I'm still in awe of my new kitchen. Having renovated other parts of my period property with its wonky walls, floors etc., I still marvel at how seamlessly John made this installation seem, although in hindsight, I can see that some parts would have been quite tricky. My recollection was that there was a bit of a wait as John and Gabi had a number of advance bookings. However, the wait was definitely worth it.  

• 3 weeks later...

We have recently completed our kitchen refit with John/Top Marx. 

We contacted them at the start of the year on the strength of the recommendations here, knowing that our project wouldn't start until later in the year, but wasn't a problem. Gabi responds to every communication warmly and promptly, and quickly arranged a site visit from John to help us with our planning. 

As it was our first ever kitchen project it was really daunting, but John was happy to chat to us and answer questions and left us feeling so reassured. We got a very reasonable quote quickly and secured Top Marx for our dates within just a couple of weeks. If we would have had to wait for availability we would have, but we seemed to have got in early.

Our old kitchen was ripped out on a weekend so trades could make a start on the Monday. We were pleased to still be able to use our own electrician, gas engineer etc. A delay with a plasterer wasn't an issue despite pushing things back by a week. 

Once fitting started John dealt amazingly with working in our tiny space, and all the issues related to our drastically wonky floors and walls. He built us an amazing boiler cupboard, to our own design/spec, despite it being more work than expected. John reiterated many times that giving us the kitchen we wanted was his top priority, and was generally a pleasure to have around to chat to. 

During the job John spoke about going to do bits and bobs on previous projects, and helping investigate issues in kitchens he had fitted (that we're not his fault). John will also be coming back to us soon to swap the dishwasher door (manufacturing fault). I have no doubt that if any other issues arise the after service will be exceptional 👌

Pictures attached (ikea frames, plykea doors, silestone worktop). 

IMG_20230821_092201.jpg

IMG_20230821_092444.jpg

Edited by chris_i

• 7 months later...

Another kitchen fitter recommendation here for John Marx at Top Marx Kitchens! Very professional and completed to a high standard start to finish. He gave us great advice and worked around a measurement mishap from the kitchen supplier, no issues. We felt comfortable having him in our home. On the organisational side, email communication is handled by his wife Gabi – responsive, very clear and again very professional, giving us confidence in the project. Thank you both so much! Would also highly recommend the electrician we worked with, who was a recommendation from John – Gary Vu. He was great. 

John + Gabi Marx: [email protected] 
Gary Vu: 07872 178 044