Trampoline sizes

Just after some advice - my kids would love a trampoline, they are 6, nearly 5 and 1. Our garden is a decent length but quite narrow, so I don't want to end up with it taking up too much space. I was wondering what size others have. I guess it needs to be big enough for two, maybe three, kids to bounce on happily without too many collisions?!

Recommendations for brands etc. also welcomed.

Thanks.

Ours is made by Plum and is 8ft. The best thing we've ever bought. Easily will fit 3. Fits my 2 plus friends without much injury :) Come and have a look if you want to see how it fits in the garden. We've put it directly outside the windows (overlooking the sink) so that I can still look out of the doors and gaze down my garden as we tried it at the back to begin with and I felt it ruined my view - if that makes sense. Let me know if you want to have a look but honestly a great buy - they probably spend 2 hours a day out there bouncing!!!

A 16 footer? That is massive! I don't think our garden would cope with one that big unfortunately. Would 6ft be too small? Anyone out there with one that size? We have a patio area which currently has an unloved Wendy house on it which would be a good space, but I think 6ft would be about the limit.

We have just got a 10 ft - not put up yet due to crappy weather - got that size mostly because I found the bigger they are the more likely they are to have a higher weight limit on them - if we have to havea trampoline I'm going to have a go on it!!!! I think 8/10 ft absolutely fine for most gardens!

Thanks all. It's the nets that make them look massive - we had a trampoline when we were kids (got it when I was 13, so my younger siblings were 3 and 9) which had no net and completely exposed springs. My parents finally got rid of it when my sister left home about 5 years ago, and there were never any accidents! I do wonder whether the nets give the kids a false sense of security.

there was a thread about this a while back and i can't remember why but there was definitely some safety hazard with them.

i promised my daughter one last year, when we finally get around to ditching our monstrosity of a garage - i thought she had forgotten but she mentioned it again at the weekend. so think we might go for that and a swing. i used to spend hours on our swing when i was little.

definitely want a trampoline i can bounce on as well. 8ft one ok for that then?

susypx

We just put up an 8 footer after loving pebbles and a few other forumites trampolines.

I was worried it might take over our garden nut we still have heaps of space and I'm getting a massive work out each day.

We got an Atlantic Trampoline make as we could get a roof over the top as its under a big tree so we didn't want to get branches etc on it. We also bought a 14 footer from them for our place down in France and it is huge but can fit loads of us on it!

An 8ft trampoline was good in our garden and recently sold it due to moving. Easily held 3 children. We had the net as we got it when our son was 2 and have a long garden so I felt safer when he was bouncing away down the back and I could watch from the kitchen window. Regardless of the size, it always looks like it takes up more of your garden - when we took ours down the other weekend it felt like our garden was HUGE again!

Have to say the BBQs we had over the last two years accommodated too many adults bouncing on it and it still retained its shape and spring!

Well worth the investment. Look on Amazon as they have good deals and reviews!