Welcome to the new East Dulwich Forum

Joe

These guys are doing a great job, if you don't like it then I suggest you go elsewhere

Disappointing format, cumbersome, slower than previous version

Sometimes simple is best.

Shame that 20+ days worth of posts have been "lost"

Going home for the weekend thread not working.

Some warning that this was going to happen over the weekend would have been nice.

Every time I 'refresh' the page on a PC (Windows 10) I have to re-log in. That's easy to do, of course, but unhelpful. Additionally, unlike the older version, clicking on a link with a 'new to me' post takes me to the first post on that thread, unless I click on the tiny arrow which take me to the last. The old version used to take you to the last post you had read, which was more useful.

But it's great that the forum is still here and we will get used to its vagaries, I'm sure.

I'm still falling to the clicking on link not the last page syndrome

Did the old forum open the last page of a thread if you clicked on it and not the first? (memory is terrible in the heat)

This little icon take you to the last post in a thread

Capture21.thumb.PNG.41abc9b0fc82cbfa8a26c289d646933e.PNG

And this one takes you to the first unread post in the thread (this is the more useful one to click)

Capture22.PNG.088c27f9926fff22c88aa6cea9ed5155.PNG

ps I'm liking this "place inline" feature for images/attachments, so much easier than before :)

Every time I 'refresh' the page on a PC (Windows 10) I have to re-log in. That's easy to do, of course, but unhelpful.

Did you check the "Remember me" box when logging in? Login keys are saved to your profile on the site (screenshot below) and to a cookie on your computer. If you don't have cookies enabled or you're in private browsing mode it won't work.

Clipboard01.jpg.31ea4c20e81828ba4deb65f1f18723d7.jpg

Hi.

1. I've had attempts to attach a .pdf file to a post declined with the error message "Invalid file extension: 5,2285583.pdf". I used them in the Phorum version: it was easy to print html to pdf, and they retained the clickable links.

2. I've also, like a previous poster, had the 'illegal language' report when trying to submit a changed global setting within Board Preferences.

3. I think I've also lost, or failed to have saved, a draft post. If anyone has succeeded that would be useful to hear and I'll try again.

Hi.

1. I've had attempts to attach a .pdf file to a post declined with the error message "Invalid file extension: 5,2285583.pdf". I used them in the Phorum version: it was easy to print html to pdf, and they retained the clickable links.

Just a thought, try renaming the file to remove the "," in it to see if that's the cause

• Administrator

I'd already tried that, dropping the '5,'. And also attaching a .html file, with same result. Having looked at the phpBB Proteus documantaion, I think it's just a simple config matter.

Hi Ian, I have enabled .pdf attachments. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

And one more thought :) I was enjoying looking through the old Drawing Room posts on the EDF site last week. It was a discontinued forum but still retained read-only. I had thought of saving a copy myself. It only consisted of about 320 threads, the majority of them with less than thirty posts, but assumed it would be carried forward here. But I've not found it yet. Under Phorum it lived at https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/list.php?27 .

• Administrator

And one more thought :) I was enjoying looking through the old Drawing Room posts on the EDF site last week. It was a discontinued forum but still retained read-only. I had thought of saving a copy myself. It only consisted of about 320 threads, the majority of them with less than thirty posts, but assumed it would be carried forward here. But I've not found it yet. Under Phorum it lived at https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/list.php?27 .

The threads are still here, but they will all moved to the General ED issues so they're probably not easy to find. Mark informs me that the Drawing Room section hasn't been used for quite some time and it was hidden on the previous forum.

The threads are still here, but they will all moved to the General ED issues so they're probably not easy to find. Mark informs me that the Drawing Room section hasn't been used for quite some time and it was hidden on the previous forum.

Thanks Joe. I think the Lounge would be the right place for them, in fact I think Mark might, some time ago, have moved some there already; he at least wrote of it. The drawback of that though, or any melding, might be that they really did become indistinguishable. Unless ?? made into a sort of historic subforum?? Though I'm not sure if anyone else will be interested. I'd be happy to write a script, to download them from wherever they are, for just my own personal delectation.

And they were all findable and in plain view last week; no hackery, no privileges, just a splash of inquisitive perseverance. ;)

PDF attachment now working thanks, btw. Nice to see the EDF links nicely remapped.

What has happened to the reply to post via PM option?

I used to use that all the time as my email would notify of a message but I never got a notification if someone responded on a thread.

Am I missing something and is it still an option? & if not then can it be re-introduced?

Thanks Sman :)