Entrance to The Villa school at 4

j-mo

Hello, just wondered if anyone had successfully got their child into the villa at 4 having not been there for nursery?

My son is v happy at current nursery and it will be convenient when number 2 starts in November, but when he is 4 and number 2 is 2, I was hoping they could both go to The Villa. They've told me that all school places go to their nursery children and I wondered if anyone had experience of this?

We live on the same road and seem to be in a bit of a no mans land for state primaries. Just outside catchment areas.

Keep your options open and take a look everywhere. My daughter got in at 4 but I think she was the only one who hadn't been at the nursery. I tried to get her in when she was 9months old but they didn't have space on the waiting list. We just got lucky i think. she happened to perform well at her 'playdate' where they assessed her (not like the Jaaps one where she'd been ill all night!) They told me mums had been putting names down at birth and even they had struggled. I didn't do it then as it all seemed too soon, So if the Villa is somewhere where you definitely want your child (and I'd highly recommend them) then go for it.

They just doubled the size of the nursery but not the school, so there will be even more pressure on places from nursery parents now. They open up the school places the autumn term before the intake - so will talk to nursery parents in sept/Oct 2013 for sept 2014 reception places.