Anyone with an actual long term vision/plan for the UK?

TheCat

I'm not British either Cat

I'm talking about the British people because it's a survey of British people and it's about Britain (the BR in BREXIT after all)

I care not that you are or are not British - and I don't care if you are or are not leaving because of Brexit or other reasons

None of this is relevant - none of it

What is relevant is that you have been banging on about Brexit for years and you decided to drop a post in public to say a) you were leaving and b) the country wasn't looking good. So you could have had the humility to at least acknowledge your part in it (again nothing to do with your nationality - you could be a Brit leaving for another country)

"and my views are at odds with 'British peolple' view as you see them.... This means my views aren't apparently valid and Im labelled 'reprehnsibe' and display 'sickening arrogance' for the crime of moving my family to the land of my birth and my extended family. "

let's break this down - you views are at odds with rest of the country where once they overlapped a bit. Your views aren't invalid - but I call you reprehensible because you publicly state the country is not looking good without ever acknowledging your part in why that may be. If the Brits change their mind about brexit they are entitled to do that - you won't, but you won't care because you won't be here. That's nothing to do with you being a non-Brit and if you want to move abroad good luck to you (so do I) - but a big part of the reason the country is in a state is Brexit, the population appear to be realising this but you just won't concede an inch. Your post about leaving the country came across as "so long suckers" -

You don't know me. You don't know why I have chosen to relocate my family...ill give you a f#cking hint... Its got nothing to do with brexit. So, no. You won't be getting a retraction from me.

Perhaps a good time to revisit your 'farewell' post...

Just this week I've confirmed that for work reasons I will be moving to Australia early next yeat

For some reason, now seemed an appropriate juncture to pull the ripcord...

Best of luck edf and UK plc.... Things do not look rosey....

When I first read your 'farewell' message a few days ago, it was actually the second line that grabbed my attention the most, in particular the parachute analogy, as it reminded me that while you've been extoling the virtues of Brexit and that it's a long-term, min 10 year plan, you've always had the safety net of holding an Australian passport as well as your EU one.

Now that you've had to 'pull the ripcord', perhaps one day you'll understand why those of us who haven't such safety nets and have had their plans/right to live/work/retire in the EU taken away by Brexit, hold such grievances towards Brexit and those that support it...

Isn't it amazing how one makes a couple of throwaway, wry comments on the Internet and total strangers with an axe to grind over your political views pore over the exact wording and decide they are entitled to make judgement calls about your motivations and personal circumstances....

And as for the bloviated, self-important claims around Brexit that cat makes? The British public don’t agree. His future isn’t the future they want

(Then again his future isn’t what he wants either as he is f@@@ing off back to a country that has minimal trade barriers with its nearby geographical neighbours. I know, mad right?

)

This reads pretty clearly as dogwhistle xenophobia.... perhaps you're not all that different from those brexit voters you so despise.....

I do get tired of nonsense like this. Cat, you post a lot of clearly well-thought out stuff, and then you revert to this garbage.

Xenophobia? Really? Bitch please…🙄

Also, you chose to engage in an online forum, you clearly chose to be intense and combative, I don’t really think you have any grounds to complain.

And yes, you do get the option to leave this country just as it’s flushing itself down the toilet, and you always have, so maybe it’s not surprising that some people aren’t so keen to take lessons from you.

Opinions on the internet, and all that…

It's heartening to see you rush to the defence of people (coincidently, who you seemingly philosophically agree with on the big issues with, based on previous posts) when mean old Cat goes a bit too far...

I must have missed your white knight messages calling out the regular abusive language which gets sent my way....which is fairly consistent, whether I post or often when I haven't posted in ages...

In any case.... Your comments on Internet forums are fair... And if others have the right/the grounds to complain about me.... Then I similarly have the same.... I was just doing it in the language that many of those contributors on here often use themselves...xenophobic,othering,gasligjting etc etc.....but apparently those words are only meant for 'other' people😂

• 3 weeks later...

there can't be a long term vision/plan for Uk if the country keeps changing prime ministers every few months

so why does the UK keep changing prime minister every few months?

Ineptitude, sure

So why don't they choose a better one?

because they got rid of all the smart ones?

And why did they do that?

Ah yes....

• 4 weeks later...

Just this week I've confirmed that for work reasons I will be moving to Australia early next yeat

For some reason, now seemed an appropriate juncture to pull the ripcord...

Best of luck edf and UK plc.... Things do not look rosey....

I thought you were pulling the ripcord....