3 teens kill homeless man

woodrot

El Pibe, thanks for providing this thread with some much needed common sense. Some people on this forum just can't help themselves. Lady D, you saw wall to wall bouncers in a Liverpool pub and people getting their heads kicked in, witness any city or small town every weekend.

I studied in Newcastle and there were obvious no go areas, there was a strong contingent of rough teenagers, heads getting kicked in routinely etc, not once did I think this was unique to the city but then I'm not so blinkered.

For anyone to proportion this horrific incident as endemic or unsurprising behavior of one area (in this case, Liverpool) is ignorance beyond belief, in fact I find it grossly insulting.

Exactly.

I never had any grief in Liverpool personally, and one of my best friends who went to Newcastle was burgled regularly and his house mate was forced to empty his bank account at gun point at a cash machine.

But in Liverpool I saw first hand more "casual" violence in 5 years than I have in the other 30 years of my life.

I have to say in London in 20 years I've hardly seen any casual violence at all as oppose to it being part of the fabric of life in Stevenage & Hitchin.

Possibly it's more dispersed, probably there's simply more to do and certainly that small town 'townie' mentality is much less.

Of course ther's alot more of the nasty kind, but given the weird segregation of coexistent realities in London, all I ever get to see is the odd forensics tent.

Only been in Liverpool for short periods of time so can't comment on the place but would say that Coventry in the late 70s early 80s was one of the most violent places I have lived - casual and regular but also brutal and reasonably motiveless (one of the reasons cited when the city became among the first to ban drinking in the streets/shopping precints etc of the city centre in 1987).