Shannon's Garden Centre closing

Sue

Had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Shannons, wont go into that and it was a useful place. There is that one next to North Dulwich station, I've rarely used it. The one at Nunhead is great, but maybe more expensive than Shannons. Penge they spend too much time talking to the newbies rather than serving people who have lived in the area for decades. Just my opinion!

Very sad to hear this, agree with all the nice comments about Shannons and wish them well, would add always friendly and helpful service there. They will be missed.

I sometimes walk to the one in Croxted Road under the railway arch, good selection of plants tho they don't have the room for many pots, sundries, compost etc

Alleyn park garden centre in west Dulwich is brilliant- family owned business with lovely knowledgeable staff - highly recommend

They are up the drive opposite the row of shops with cook, dentist etc

Thanks for this, I've never been there, I will check it out!

Had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Shannons, wont go into that and it was a useful place. There is that one next to North Dulwich station, I've rarely used it. The one at Nunhead is great, but maybe more expensive than Shannons. Penge they spend too much time talking to the newbies rather than serving people who have lived in the area for decades. Just my opinion!

Which is the one in Penge, Malumbu?

Is that the very small one with the tea shop which has twee gifts and advertises in SE22 mag?

I went there once. They did have good plants, as in well selected, but not very many of them if memory serves.

Thank you for posting this. I am so sorry they are closing and it’s good to see the reasons why. I will really miss it. I don’t find the other local garden shops are that great, but maybe I will need to make a journey a bit further out to a better one. The one in Wandsworth, Neals Nurseries, is excellent.

Very sad about this.

Lovely staff good quality stock (the plants I buy there always thrive unlike those I've purchased from the likes of Homebase and Columbia road), fairly priced.

The garden centre in West Dulwich is frankly a bit rubbish, very small selection and overpriced,

(I mean the one thats the side of Dulwich College behind the parade of shops).

I always look forward to going there to get my stock of plants for my summer pots.

They will be missed especially at Christmas when I love getting decorative treats there.

Sorry have to disagree with your opinion about Alleynpark garden centre - gorgeous stock and amazing staff who can answer any queries about plants or garden related stuff. Go along and find out for yourself. They really care about plants!

• 2 weeks later...