Photography walks

Hello all,

I vaguely remember a photography group in East Dulwich many years back and from memory, I think Mockney Piers (formerly of this Parish) organised some photo walks.

Would anyone be interested in resurrecting this? I think it would be great if can can get a mix of skill levels and we can try and help each other.

Perhaps we can do an initial local photo walk and have a chat about all things photography related afterwards in a local pub or cafe?

I work as a documentary photog and I’m usually about making street portraits and I’m particularly interested in film (but happy to shoot digital too).

I belonged to it for a time.

There were 2 parts to it

• A Flickr group
  • Walk and pub

The core of the walk came from regularls at CPT (now Great Exhibition) and some EDF People joined.

The meets were often in winter evenings and often involved tripods etc (this was pre smartphones).

You then posted best pics to Flickr.

The walks were unstructured. I remember getting side tracked by a specific building and struggling to find the group.

For some reason it fizzled out.

• 2 weeks later...

There is already a photography club in East Dulwich. It meets regularly in The Lordship pub and has outings etc.

I can't post the details here as I don't run it, but if you PM me with your email address I will pass that onto the organiser.