Holiday Cottage Advice

LBaverstock

Hi,

A group of girlfriends and myself (6 all together) are looking for a holiday cottage

to rent for a few days in August on a budget. So far we have been looking at options

in Devon/Dorset area but are very open to suggestions. If anyone has any recommendations for locations

or any good websites/agencies to go through to find a property please

let me know.

Thanks!

I'd guess that in August it would be difficult to rent a cottage for a few days i.e less than a week. Saying it's on a budget doesn't tell us much really as we are all on budgets even if they are different. Does it have to be by the coast? Does it have to be in England?

What are you hoping for ideally?

Have you thought of Center Parcs? I know my niece had a "sort of" hen party at one. Apparently fabulous spa for the evening, a variety of places to eat, good fun in pools and other activities plus, if you feel like it, you can just chill out in their cottages with wine and easy cook food from the shops. Having arrived the only way around is by bike.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Yes i'll look into CP, sounds great. To give you

a bit more info... when I say budget I mean very tight budget, no more ideally than ?100

per person (6) for accommodation. It doesn't have to be by the coast, nor in England as long

as it is easy travel by car or train. These were just our starting points.

Fifty quid per head per night in high season is a very tight budget. For that I'd actually go on a girls camping holiday somewhere with decent scenery like Dorset or Devon. And spend what you save on eating out in decent places locally. Lots of great pubs/restaurant eateries down there too. Plus I just think camping is a good fun. It only sucks if it rains.