63, 363 and other buses on diversion!

Hi all, on my way to the station this morning, I spotted that the bus stops at Heaton Road and Rye Lane had the dreaded 'bus stop not in use' signs over them, and there was a notice saying that buses would be on diversion from 9.30am onwards. From what I could glimpse, I think the diversion will be in place until Friday. The bus stops at Nigel Road and East Dulwich Road may also be out of action, I didn't see unfortunately.

I guess it must apply to all buses going down Rye Lane, so 63, 363, 12, 197 etc - although I'm not sure of the reason for it.

Anyway, just to warn everyone that you'll probably have to walk up Rye Lane up to Peckham Rye Common if you want to catch a bus home tonight!

More information from TfL's website:

HANOVER PARK / RYE LANE SE15 ROUTES 12 37 63 78 197 343 363 P12 N63 N373: Buses are diverted between Clayton Road and Peckham Rye from 0930 Tuesday 7 until 1900 Friday 10 May during road resurfacing work on Hanover Park between Clayton Road and Rye Lane.

Route 12 37 63 78 197 343 363 P12 N63 N343 are diverted northbound via Peckham Rye, Copeland Road, Consort Road, Clayton Road, Peckham High Street and southbound via Clayton Road, Consort Road, Heaton Road and Peckham Rye.

Bus stops missed northbound - X Heaton Road, U Peckham Rye Station, R Hanover Park, M The Aylesham Centre.

Bus stops missed southbound - P The Aylesham Centre, N The Aylesham Centre, V Peckham Rye Station,

I wish I had read this yesterday, had no idea until we sailed passed rye lane and was eventually dropped off near Morrisons...if you spotted someone panting and in near need of CPR at the station this morning, it was me after running/stumbling, still half a sleep, so I didn't miss my train ( which I didn't as this was the only time I have ever been pleased it was late) *sets alarm a lot earlier for the morning*

It does seem that the buses or LT aren't cooperating this time . I think it varies according to route and operator.

With previous closures the buses have always clearly announced that after whatever stop ( like Nigel Rd ) they were on diversion . This was often reinforced by the driver .

Now some do and some don't . As I said on another thread I was on a 197 yesterday ( feeling not terribly well and struggling to catch train to Guys for not feeling terribly well treatment ,so no nagging about " man up " and don't moan about a short walk please ) no diversion was announced .

I checked with driver to be told very rudely

" Diversion ? Why would I be on diversion ? "

In practice what this meant was that he didn't divert from his normal route ,sailed on down Rye Lane but just didn't stop until he reached Morrisons .

As for stopping in Copeland Rd the north bound 12 I was on the other day stopped there .

But I think all the south bound buses drive with no stops between the bus garage and Tesco Express aka Nigel Rd stop .

But this was helpfully announced on the 78 bus I was on the other day .

I'm not really moaning ,just saying be aware .

Hopefully we'll be back to business as normal soon .