Sogim Pharmacy

Sue

I normally get my prescription medication  by post, but I needed to get a one off  today.

Having tried two pharmacies which didn't have it, I went to Sogim in Lordship Lane.

I handed in the prescription and asked if they had it in stock, as if not I would try somewhere else.

After about half an hour (sic) during which a stream of people came and went, several with issues concerning the non ordering or non arrival of their own prescriptions, and at least one reaching  the end of their tether, I was finally  asked my address and a package handed to me.

Having gone a little way down the road, I glanced at the package label and found I had been given someone else's prescription.

Same first name, completely different surname and address, and - obviously - the wrong medication.

What on earth is going on here?  What is the point in asking your address if it's not actually checked before they hand over the medication?

Why were about two thirds of the customers there with complaints? 

What other mistakes might be being made which could have more serious consequences?

I'm interested to know if anyone else has had a similar experience or if I just went in there when they were having a bad day.

I will never use Sogim again unless I absolutely have no choice 🙄

Oh, and parents. If you are going to let your child put a  toy from the bin by the counter in their mouth, blooming buy it, don't just put it back in the bin and give your child another one. 

And then let your child do the same with about three other toys 😡 and buy none of them 

And yes, I did say something to the parent. The assistant didn't seem in the least concerned.

Rant over.

Edited by Sue
Addition to post

My mum had used Sogim's when they were still in what is now the Leyland DIY shop and the service was hit and miss, but wouldn't use it again.  She uses Sadlers opposite Dulwich Library instead.

Vale Pharmacy IMHO is the best of the lot down that end of LL.

17 hours ago, Bic Basher said:

My mum had used Sogim's when they were still in what is now the Leyland DIY shop and the service was hit and miss, but wouldn't use it again.  She uses Sadlers opposite Dulwich Library instead.

Vale Pharmacy IMHO is the best of the lot down that end of LL.

Yes I tried Vale,  but they didn't have what I needed. Wish I had just got a bus and gone to Sadlers (that would have been my next option if Sogim hadn't had it).

Lloyds in North Cross Road is my nearest pharmacy, but .....

4 hours ago, Lynne said:

I always have trouble getting my prescription filled at Lloyds, but, to be fair, some of it has turned out to be the GPs fault. There doesn't seem anywhere you can totally rely on.

Lloyds used to be really good at preparing repeat prescriptions straight away, but since a change in staff they only do it when you turn up and sometimes that means they won't order it until you turn up and then have to return again another day.     Not helped that on some days, they close at 3pm still if the pharmacist has to pick up their kids from school and can't find cover.

On 20/04/2023 at 18:35, xapis85 said:

We actually switched to Sogim for my husband's regular prescription, after terrible experiences with both Sadlers and Lloyds! Sogim have been brilliant and never had any issues! Hope that isn't going to change now!! 

Same here. I've only had one experience so far, but it was a hell of a lot better than Lloyds.