Builder recommendation and idea of costs please?

EmED

Hello!

We'd love to do some work on our kitchen and wondered if anyone could recommend an affordable/competitive local builder who could pop round and have a look/give us a quote?

I also wondered if anyone had done something similar to what we'd like to do and has any idea of price we would be looking at? We can't afford to do a side return extension but basically we'd like to do the following:

Remove old kitchen range chimney breast taking up space in kitchen.

Remove old outside toilet and make that part of the kitchen.

Build up by about the level of 5 bricks on the back of the kitchen where the roof slopes and remove a very low big RSJ.

Add a bifolding door onto the garden.

Move around current kitchen units so there's room for our dining table next to the bifolding windows.

Maybe put in 3 small double glazed windows and remove bay window but not sure on this.

Thanks so much for this, any help or suggestions much appreciated!!!!

Hey - we had our kitchen redone last year by Dennis who was very good, here's his email address...

[email protected]

Also, I've found a great builder recently who's helped with the garden and other bits and bobs around the house, so he might also be interested and it's always good to get a couple of quotes. His name is Richard, mobile: 07719 098350

Hope this helps,

Charlotte

Hi there

I would happily recommend David O'Brien, I've put a review of him on this thread including the work he did for us.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1045474,1060694#msg-1060694

Since I posted last time we have used his team to fit a new back door and lead flashing and guttering. We have been very happy with all the work his guys have done and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Dulwich Multitrade, 296 Lordship Lane, tel: 02084807162 are terrific and can do absolutely everything - no need to bring in any outside contractors. We have used them several times and have found them to be reliable, efficient, pleasant and also reasonable pricewise.

Archived