Balance bike recommendations

My son is nearly 23 months.

What balance bike do you recommend?

Likeabike, Puky, Isla or something else? I'd like a light one that is easy to step through / out of.

A mate recommended a balance bike her boys uses with very fat / flat wheels. She got hers from ToysRus but they dont seem to do the same one.. Anyone seen something like this? Wheels were a bit like this but bike not battery powered: http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Bikes-and-Rideons/Battery-Powered/The-Amazing-SpiderMan-6V-Motorbike(0092234)?searchPosition=4

Thanks in advance,

I like the Zooom bike. It's on the larger side, though. My 26 month old daughter can't quite ride it yet, but my 4yo son is still using it after almost 2 years. Depends if you want them to move on to a pedal bike quickly, or wait until they are big enough for a 16" bike.

We have a Strider. My son got it for his 2nd birthday and we never used the buggy again. It is super light - it doesn't weigh much more than a scooter so he can manoeuvre it himself easily up and down steps and curbs. I also use a scooter strap which helps when he's slow or tired. Though now Daddy has started taking the strap and running with him, legs akimbo, screeching with laughter down the street and while I had previously been congratulation him on his excellent balance his reactions are not quick enough to cope with the speeds his father has opened his eyes to. It'll end in tears.

Anyway, thoroughly recommend the Strider, he (we) have all loved it from the start. It has a tighter turning circle than the wooden ones I think (though am not sure how tight they turn really, was told when researching and haven't tried it for myself) and the EVA tyres are brilliant, light as air and no punctures!

Not the cheapest bike available, and I agonised over spending what I considered to be over the odds but would spend it again in a flash. Lets hope it doesn't get pinched and I don't have to.

Happy choosing!

Thanks everyone! So many useful messages!

Au' Lait - loving the picture you paint of your son and husband and useful info re the Strider and tight turning circle.

Otta - You're so right about the Early Rider looking cool!

Nunhead Mum - Thanks for reminding me of Decathalon.

I think I need to go and try out a few and go from there. Thanks for the useful feedback!