KOKUM Indian restaurant & bar

Hi guys,

We are very excited to announce that KOKUM, located on 58-60 east dulwich road is set to open its doors soon!

KOKUM is a contemporary Indian restaurant and bar that serves classic Indian dishes with bold and punchy flavours but with more unusual ingredients than is the norm. It is the brainchild of the co-founders of Michelin-rated restaurants, Black Salt and Dastaan.

Follow our journey

Here’s a teaser of some of our dishes…

64D4CACF-CF12-4440-B6C1-C500EA7A56F8.thumb.jpeg.7e03feb13e1ae6caf5d7535e80313994.jpeg

53E8985C-AE5B-4CFE-AD26-A631F0B2889F.thumb.jpeg.8098d6a005e365ded467a5e5562636f6.jpeg

63FEE0DE-FC80-4188-BDB2-915568995A00.thumb.jpeg.04c9a6b4e56178c207a761039e3bc1fd.jpeg

0327395F-43BB-4884-829B-267E12855243.thumb.jpeg.b17c6cfb2bdb3c06057de64f130abd61.jpeg

70204CA3-C83C-449E-8CBD-44249B74FC28.thumb.jpeg.f394fed0abc61513e581c6bcb64bdfef.jpeg

8F80D842-7776-45F5-8472-027556B5937B.jpeg

Edited by Simeron Lily Patel

1 hour ago, Sue said:

Do you have a menu you can share on here? It will be great to have something a bit different which is nearer than Ganapati!

Hi Sue, we are in the process of food trials/ finalising the menus. As soon as we have our finalised menus, I’ll post them on the forum 🙂

10 minutes ago, E.d.se22.london said:

Looks great! Look forward to visiting. 

Thank you! See you when we open 🙂

You've broken the one exclamation mark limit !!!!!!!

I'll look forward to seeing what this authentic Indian food is.  Hopefully not chicken tikka masala (Scottish) or balti (Birmingham).

Nearest I have seen is the India Club in the Strand, which in days gone by was close to the Indian High Commission.

Edited by malumbu

• 3 weeks later...

We are opening KOKUM tomorrow, Saturday & Sunday for walk ins only. We are very short staffed so trying to manage bookings the next few days by only taking walk ins. 

Reservations are available via the website from next Wednesday onwards.

https://kokumlondon.com 

Here’s a copy of our A la Carte menu & Bar Menu 😊

We hope to see some of you over the next few days! 🙂A LA CARTE MENU final.pdfBAR MENU.pdf

Edited by Simeron Lily Patel

On 28/07/2023 at 10:34, LondonFermentation said:

Anyone else eaten here since it opened? The menu looks really great. I am looking for somewhere for my birthday meal but as someone of Sri Lankan origin I am quite fussy about where I eat curry (when I'm not making it at home!)

I'm planning to try the South Indian and Sri Lankan places near St George's hospital in Tootling.  West Croydon is also a good place. I expect that these places are more down to earth than Kokum - that's not a criticism but a fact.

Barbur sets the standard for high end in this area, although now very much fusion.  I've only once eaten at the Cinemmon club, fortunately I was being treated £££££.

Happy to try your home cooked food, I shared some of my Indian recipes on EDF during lock down.

As with the majority of Indians I do not eat meat.  The veggy restaurant that the Cheeseblock people ran was great but closed years ago.