Welfare reform - 10 July topic at Southwark Council Assembly

helenlaker@southwark

Hi, I work with the Community Participation team at Southwark Council, and would like to make some conversation with the people on this forum from time to time about council items which could give some good feedback on here, if I may.

Another Council Assembly - the full meeting of all the ward councillors in Southwark - will take place on 10 July, at Walworth Academy on Shorncliffe Road (the street opposite Tesco's on the Old Kent Road) .

The debate for the assembly will be on Welfare Reform.

At the main business meeting, the councillors debate an issue that's of particular relevance to people across the borough - in this case welfare reform - and to ensure that they have a strong sense of 'what the people think' we compile a dossier of 'community views' which is circulated to all councillors in advance of the meeting.

As part of this process, discussion forums like yours have proved to be a rich source of comment and opinion, and I am asking for these now - for example:

- are you aware of any help (advice) offered by other agencies, in Southwark or elsewhere? How easy was it to get this information?

You can post your views here and they'll be captured that way, or you can email them to [email protected]

When the process is complete we'll share a link to the final dossier of community views. Here's what the most recent one looked like, for the debate on Crime and Anti-social behaviour on 27 March:

http://moderngov.southwarksites.com/documents/s36594/Community%20Views%20on%20the%20Theme%20-%20Crime%20and%20Anti-social%20behaviour.pdf