Cloudflare - can't log in

Penguin68

My phone is protected through using Nord VPN - this morning Cloudflare blocked my attempts to log-in - and immediately allowed them as soon as I had 'paused' my VPN. Normally this isn't a problem.  There used to be a board to report e.g. technical issues, but as that now seems unavailable I have posted (quite inappropriately) here. Do you have an issue - clearly VPN use is generally a far safer option than e.g. using unknown or public WiFi?

• Administrator

Hi @Penguin68 ,  its fine to post technical issues in the Lounge, or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

We've have numerous spammers attempting to register on the site using VPNs lately. Furthermore, yesterday we had a suspicious user use a VPN to register and send private messages to other people who had posted in the 'Wanted' section of the forum asking for Paypal payments (obviously a scammer).

As a consequence, yesterday evening I blocked some VPN services from accessing the website. However, I am still figuring out the most appropriate way to block malicious activity like this and I certainly don't want to block legitimate forum members like yourself who have other reasons to use VPNs.

I have just now tweaked the firewall rules so your VPN service may be allowed again. Could you let me know if that's the case?

• 2 months later...