Thinking of buying a house on Lordship Lane and need advice

Hi everyone, I'm new to this community 👋 hoping to get some local intel please. My partner and I currently live in West London and have put down an offer on a house on Lordship Lane. Does anyone live on or near the road and can share what the noise levels are like generally? We currently live on an A road so we are used to noise. 

Also curious what the appetite might be for properties on the main road and how much it would affect the asking price in future.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ro_London

Possibly a good idea to spend some time in the area you’re potentially buying a house in and checking that it’s  somewhere you’re comfortable with. 
The main road is too noisy and busy for us, we moved away from the very centre of ED and it’s very different.

Where you live is very personal so you have to choose for yourself 

Noise is subjective and depends on how your body deals with this.  Sometimes the planes on their way to Heathrow wake me up at 5.30, other times I sleep through these, wind direction and runway/approach make a difference.  I expect LL is worse during the morning school run.  There are options to reduce noise at home if you have traditional single glazed windows.

Edited by malumbu

I've lived on LL for about 20 years....previous to that on Chrystal Palace Road. I would say its fine being on the main road. We have double glazing....which reduces traffic noise to a murmer. At night, traffic noise declines anyway. Any noise we do get is from people and mainly from the back...drunks and loud neighbours having parties in the garden...but you're just as likely to get that on a side road. 

2 hours ago, devs said:

I've lived on LL for about 20 years....previous to that on Chrystal Palace Road. I would say its fine being on the main road. We have double glazing....which reduces traffic noise to a murmer. At night, traffic noise declines anyway. Any noise we do get is from people and mainly from the back...drunks and loud neighbours having parties in the garden...but you're just as likely to get that on a side road. 

Thanks so much, that's really good to know. The main bedroom has double glazing and I don't mind the noise in the living areas. I've lived on a main road my whole life so I'm very used to it (I'd probably be more alarmed if there wasn't any noise!)

Edited by Ro_London

As someone who was born in West London  and lived my entire life in West and South West London up until 12 years ago (two of my former homes being on VERY busy main roads ) I think you'll find Lordship Lane quieter than where you are now.

Depending on what part of West London you are moving from This area has a lot of positives, still a decent smattering of independent shops, decent places to eat and drink, a cinema and lots of green space in walking distance.

The only negative that I have found is my frustrations with Public transport..If you commute across the river the overground gets horribly overcrowded at peak times and busses too get very busy.

Edited by NewWave
spelling

Depends on which end of LL you are looking at. A long road going from Goose Green to The Grove Tavern. Some houses have front gardens and lay back from the road. others are almost on the pavement.

We live on Barry Road and are used to the noise/traffic (and have double glazing) but family members who live in Worthing find it too noisy and hate staying overnight. They do not like the light pollution either

I've lived on LL (in the vicinity of the Lordship pub) since 1994 and have never been disturbed by the traffic. People are always surprised how quiet the back garden is. We have glass shutters in the front bedroom which probably helps but even in the front room which is single glazed I don't find it bad. I like being here because it's so quick to pop out for anything and you can get a 176 back from the West End which virtually stops at the door.