Anyone got a Quooker?

vladi

Having seen several adverts on TV for these taps, I felt it appropriate to check out how they work and how much they cost to purchase and operate.

They work by keeping a metal flask of water under the sink at a temperature at around 108 deg centigrade. It keeps the water at that temperature 24/7 in readiness for when you want to use hot water. Depending on the model and capacity the electrical rating is between 800watts  and 3 Kilowatts electrical .

Price of the tap varies from £375 to £1, 340 and then there's installation of piping and electrics on top of that.

Is there anyone out there who is ready to admit that they have one installed? 

• 2 weeks later...

Are they the standard method of getting instant hot water at a single tap or are there other methods available?  

I assume these quookers use vacuum or otherwise insulated flasks.  Any idea what their running cost is if you never draw water from them?  I've no intention of ever having one myself, but am curious.

Now that you can get kettles which boil  water in about a zillionth of a second (I exaggerate slightly) I can't see the point, unless

You are very impatient 

You don't have space for a kettle

You have more money than you know what to do with

You can go without boiling water every time it goes wrong, because you no longer have a kettle

You see it as a status symbol 

You don't care about the environment or about saving energy

You don't need the space under your sink for anything else

I'm sure there must be more reasons to have one. I briefly considered it when I got my new kitchen, but I didn't consider it for long 

😂

Edited by Sue