Bus Gate PCN on Townley Road

john2212

Admitedly I was not paying full attention, was new to the area and looking at my sat nav, not an excuse I know and have just decided to suck it up and pay off the £65 but after seeing so many posts on other forums about this road I am curious as to why they've decided to put the gate and sign there. To get back onto East Dulwich Grove A2214 it'd mean having to go down Townley Rd and through Lordship Ln just so I can go back to where I started.

I was coming from East Dulwich Grove before making a right into Townley Road. Made a delivery, turned around and planned my route for Hillsboro Rd for another drop off, which meant me slithering into the bus gate before turning right back onto East Dulwich Grove. Learnt my lesson, but sweet Jesus, seeing how many cars were going through at the same time I can't imagine how much they're raking in from it.

Untitled112.png

Edited by john2212

On 21/02/2024 at 14:31, Pro uno builders said:

How about pollution?

And clear air nonsense 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-matters-air-pollution/health-matters-air-pollution

This was some time ago. There has been more recent research demonstrating the links  between pollution, poor health and life expectancy.

But never mind, cutting one's  journey time by ten minutes is much more important 🙄

Although, I also recognise the downsides of LTNs to the people living in the roads where the traffic is directed to, grammar.

And councils have had their money cut by so much, you really can't blame them for finding other sources of income to fund essential services.

Edited by Sue

1 hour ago, Sue said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-matters-air-pollution/health-matters-air-pollution

This was some time ago. There has been more recent research demonstrating the links  between pollution, poor health and life expectancy.

But never mind, cutting one's  journey time by ten minutes is much more important 🙄

Although, I also recognise the downsides of LTNs to the people living in the roads where the traffic is directed to, grammar.

And councils have had their money cut by so much, you really can't blame them for finding other sources of income to fund essential services.

I don't think you get my point 

It was a rhetorical question 

Edited by Pro uno builders

Good Morning you good people. New here as I live in Durham but just wanted to let you know that I was caught in your favourite Bus Gate back in November and yesterday I had my appeal upheld and my case is now quashed. 

I had written to my local MP to fight my case but before she could get involved I had got my result. Since then she has emailed me asking to still go ahead and get some kind of clarification off the CEO on firstly why “ there was an error on my case and as a gesture of good will “ etc 

Secondly some clear clarification on the whole issue 

if / when I get some findings I’ll report back ? Hopefully this might help in reversing some charges for you guys 

best wishes 

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning folks ….. well, I come with news as promised. After my PCN was surprisingly over turned my local MP wanted to dig deeper on my behalf and find out from the CEO of Southwark Council “why?

here you go….talk about shooting your self in the foot 

“A typographic error on the notice itself”

so, was that “ spelling mistake on the notice just on my PCN ? Or was it there for everyone “

my work is done , good luck , your guns are nicely loaded 

IMG_7609.png

Edited by Paul Brown

Hmmmmmmm....

I got stung twice here (the position of the sign is terrible). The first time, it was an error, I got a PCN. The second time, I drove back to see what I'd done wrong and got another one (stupid, I know) 

Called Southwark and fessed up to having made the same mistake again, in the hope that they would be sympathetic. They were - the man I spoke to on the phone to confess my error in advance of them writing to me, sounded in agreement that the position of the sign is poor. My PCN was overturned - not because of a typo (as far as I'm aware). 

Edited by HeadNun

All enforcement should be proportional and have an element of discretion.  You fessed up with making a mistake.  If I am reading your post correctly Southwark were approachable and reasonable.  What I object to is those who think the rules are for other people not themselves, be that parking on double yellows or putting their foot down in built up areas.  Those that take things further such as mounting pavements to avoid closed roads or blowing up cameras I'd happily have their cars destroyed.  Even if I am not a fan of old testament justice!