Football Focus

Otta

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pah! Bloody Arsenal noveaux supporters...what's

> wrong with sharpened pennies or a bog roll?

>

> http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/23/ar

> senal-fan-sour-grapes-wine-thrown-manchester-unite

> d-bench

Well its been a grudge match since the 90's and you expect to see some claret spilt every now and again.

Anyway - as you cant drink within sight of the pitch, they must keep red wine in their hip flasks. Get a proper drink.

arsenal are turning into a joke i mean they have decent players but just cant get a win. maybe man utd are going to get a top 4 finish afterall and liverpool i dont know what is going on with them. chelsea definitely winning they are not going to lose that many points till the end of the season.

Liverpool simply don't have the players to challenge.

BUT

I disagree with Phil Neville that we're basically where we should be with that squad. We're playing very badly, but if Rogers can sort that out, then we should be challenging for top 4.

Yeah i definitely agree with that liverpool have a good bunch of player that can play good football its just they have lost there chemistry they are not playing fluid nice football like they were playing last season maybe due to the absence of sturridge and the lost of suarez who is such a good finisher and player. same situation with arsenal they have the player just cant play. need to learn how to play.

Also, Suarez's goals last year covered up the fact that we were conceding a ton. We're probably not conceding any more now, but we're not scoring at the other end.

In my humble opinion, Rogers needs to sort the defense out first, then start thinking about pretty football. Liverpool were a joy to watch last year, but right now we just need to think of points on the board before we can think about style.

Parkdrive Wrote:

> Where would City be without Aguero, he was

> stunning in last nights Champions League game

> against Bayern.

PD, nice diversion from you own team's deficiencies. Where would Arsenal be without Sanchez?

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Agreed he's a fantastic player. Where do you stand

> on this Wenger out nonsense?

It's a difficult one. He has done a tremendous amount for the club and the methods he introduced when he arrived are now being widely used by other clubs. He has left us a great legacy, what with the stadium etc. I'm not for sacking him but do feel it's time for a change. Exactly who we'd get in is open to debate. Rumours are rife about his successor, Klopp, Guardiola have been mentioned, I'd quite like Ancelotti. Can't see him walking away from Real though.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Parkdrive Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

>

> PD, nice diversion from you own team's

> deficiencies. Where would Arsenal be without

> Sanchez?

Or conversely where would Arsenal be without Wenger.

ETA: whoops, only just noticed jah asking same.

Like I said I'm not for sacking him, but there have been times in the last few seasons when his tactical naivety has cost us dearly. Certainly some of the players need to shoulder the blame equally, and some should be moved on. But I really think we need a freshen up, but not by sacking him mid season. The club should, if it hasn't already, be looking at a long term successor.