Football Focus

Otta

Yeah, quite a flounce. Maureen up to her usual tricks and mind games. I think he was more upset about Chelsea's flaccid performance.

It was a boring game to watch especially after the excitement of the Liverpool v Spurs match the night before. The Everton defence were superb throughout and with a little bit more luck in front goal could have won the game.

My feeling is that though they are still seven points clear; with or without Diego Costa, Chelsea are not a good as many people think they are.

Any good goals in yesterdays games? Wow manchester united to 3rd place. -_- :o how did that happen.

They were slowly climbing up all this time. All the teams are pretty close on points every match from now on is going to be quite interesting. I cant wait for the final rounds.

It's very close, a couple of bad results and they could be out of the top 4 again...

Unfortunately I can't see Chelsea dropping enough points not to win it this year, but will be interesting to see who ends up in 2nd, 3rd and 4th...

Man City still in with a chance though and I'd bet my house on one of those to finish in the top four being Arsenal because they always make the top four. So, Southampton, Man Utd, Spurs and Liverpool and possibly even West Ham for the other spot. Makes it all very interesting.

West Ham are out - If we'd held on against Utd, possibly.

Champs -Chelsea

2nd - City

3rd - Arsenal

4th - Liverpool or Spuds

I just can't believe Man Us piss poor play and hugely lucky run of results (Arse, Saints and us all creamed them yet they got 7 points!) can be maintained

I agree. Man Utd have been shit and yet somehow are in third and still in the FA Cup and they were flattered by the result against Burnley last night.

I'm surprised you don't fancy West Ham a little bit Quids considering you've got Spurs away next in the league. A win at White Hart Lane could put you back in the mix for fourth. I'm not overly confident we'll beat you despite our current form. Still, nice for us to have a bit of time off until then after playing 40 or 41 games so far. Will Poch take the lads away for a nice sunshine break or give 'em double training every day? ;-)

Well, hopefully that'll be the nail in BFS coffin because we aren't going to get an European football. Shamelessly copied from a West Ham forum but:

"It's exactly these results which mean BFS will not get a new contract. If ever he was going to convince the Daves to give him a new one he had to avoid this kind of humiliation... The media can say all they like about how well we have done but we as supporters know he has been lucky he stumbled across the diamond he was forced to play more entertaining Sakho has been a revelation but he didn't buy him and he continues to play Nolan despite being past his best....

Bye bye Sam you just wrote your P45"

That's different from losing his job now and stating the obvious that his position would be reviewed at the end of his contract.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

Bit : One thing I do agree with is the WH style of play being a vital part of their history.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This works the other way too. A times I'm not 100%

> convinced BFS really wants a new contract.

He can't have bigger dreams than west ham.

Bit you could be right. Being in a job and under contract as a manger is probably a greater restriction on movement and opportunity than it is for a player.

Celtic - Inter on Thursday night. Nostalgic looks back to 1967 - Unfortunately it's not quite as grand a stage. And we don't have Jock Stein's skill to lull them into a false sense of superiority.

Sandro Mazzola admits he still gets frustrated when he looks back at the most famous clash between the two clubs 48 years ago.

But he admitted the Hoops thoroughly deserved their 2-1 victory.

He recalled: "I have a lot of memories of that game because I think about it a lot! I tell you before the match, we stopped to watch them train and do you know what they did? They played a practice match against journalists, with hundreds of fans on the side of the pitch who were drinking and laughing. It was like a village festival!

"Our manager Helenio Herrera was the only person who had watched Celtic and he came back and told us we would win the game easily and we had beaten Real Madrid and Benfica in the previous Finals.

"I scored a penalty early on. We thought we would win by three or four goals. But Celtic reacted brilliantly and the speed of their forwards troubles us a lot.

"We undervalued Celtic and I hope Inter don't do that again this week. We spent the whole game defending. Jimmy Johnstone and Bobby Lennox gave me in particular a lot of problems. Celtic were deserved winners."

champions league football! who is winning tonights game? going to be a tough one.

I am going to go for chelsea only because of all the psg players that are out due to injury which leaves them pretty weak in attack. In the other game I am going to go for bayern but you never know in football.

I still find it very hard to believe PSG paid ?50 million for David Luiz. He's crap. I can't see PSG winning tonight. I fancy Chelsea to sneak it by the odd goal or two.

Bayern Munich should also win tonight. Shaktar Donesk's stadium is in the middle of a war zone and so having to play 600 miles away from home can't be easy for them and Bayern are a class act who've just had their biggest win in the Bunderliga for a couple of decades and are in top form.