Football Focus

Otta

So anyway, some newspapers saying Sterling would consider a move to United. There were stories saying United had made contact and Liverpool had immediately said hell no.

I would hate to see Liverpool sell a promising player to United, but Sterling has shown such a lack of loyalty to Liverpool that it's no surprise at all that he'd have no problems moving to United.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So anyway, some newspapers saying Sterling would

> consider a move to United. There were stories

> saying United had made contact and Liverpool had

> immediately said hell no.

>

> I would hate to see Liverpool sell a promising

> player to United, but Sterling has shown such a

> lack of loyalty to Liverpool that it's no surprise

> at all that he'd have no problems moving to

> United.

Yep, or he could end up at Real

Well Rafa has made some not so subtle noises.

I don't really think it would be good for anyone if Liverpool dig their heels in and make him stay, so as an England fan I'd like to see him go and get some experience overseas. It's what we need more young players doing.

Otta Wrote:

> So anyway, some newspapers saying Sterling would

> consider a move to United. There were stories

> saying United had made contact and Liverpool had

> immediately said hell no.

To me this is Sterling's camp trying their best to pee off LFC, and more importantly their fans who will now think he's crossed a line and there's no going back. Heinze tried to do the same and ended up at Real...

Jah Lush Wrote:

> True but he won't get many games at Real Madrid.

Very true, but even a year in a squad with those players would be amazing experience.

The question that needs to be answered is why does Sterling want away from Liverpool? It's the perfect place for him to develop as he is only a kid. If he becomes as good as he appears to have the potential to, he will make more money in a few years than he could spend in several lifetimes. ?100k a week isn't bad to keep you going in the meantime.

That seems the obvious thing. Everything that makes his career at Liverpool almost untenable has been done. The icing on the cake is the so called possible move to United which I don't believe. If it is all the agents doing then I don't feel sorry for Sterling. He's just plain thick for not getting good advice.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> The question that needs to be answered is why does

> Sterling want away from Liverpool? It's the

> perfect place for him to develop as he is only a

> kid. If he becomes as good as he appears to have

> the potential to, he will make more money in a few

> years than he could spend in several lifetimes.

> ?100k a week isn't bad to keep you going in the

> meantime.

That's kind of the nature of greed though isn't it doc? Those parasites that live on his wages will do anything they can to up them, including manipulating him into believing that he is worth ?200k a month - and young footballers at his level have a seemingly inexhaustible store of self-belief so I'm sure HE's sure he will continue to improve wherever he plays - and that whoever he plays for will be lucky to have him.

ETa- sorry should have read your second post too, maybe thick is a bit harsh - if I was told what he's being told at that age - and if I also could see it happening to others around me - pretty sure I'd think I deserved a slice of it. Wisdom comes late to all of us.

What he does AFTER the move will be the test.

Seriously maxxi, at that age the difference between ?100k and say ?200k a week shouldn't mean a thing. It's a fortune either way. He will get a move away from Liverpool as there's no other option for the club than to sell him IMO. Who wants him will be interesting to see. He ain't that good yet.

Sherry AM? No, I haven't touched that since I was about 15 and raided my dads drink cabinet!

What I meant was that I'm so used to BBC, the presenters, commentators etc. When the world cup games were being shown on ITV, they weren't as good.

And during half time they spoke about the game, interviewed, kept it so interesting that you were all wound up and excited about the second half.

A bit like Match Of The Day without any adverts!

But it was a good game. Shame about the result though.