Football Focus

Otta

At 1-1 it was interesting. Barca were on the back foot for 10 mins or so.

Reminded me of the Harry Carpenter line, "he's hurt Tyson" - if you don't finish a strong opponent when you have the chance, they are going to come back and hurt you.

Should've signed for Spurs, him and Kane would've been deadly.

Likely to be a goalkeeper merry-go-round this summer...

De Gea to Madrid...Lloris* to Utd...Begovic to Spurs...Butland steps up

*Could be Cech but expect he'll stay in London and go to Arsenal

Ings made it plain that his heart was set on joining Liverpool right from the off. I agree a partnership with Kane would have been good as it has worked well at England Under-21 level. I'm hoping Lloris stays at Spurs. He'd be very hard to replace.

We're looking pretty far from champs league, we've scored way too few goals, our only proper quality striker is very injury prone. Trying to be realistic.

Milner is a good player. Ings is only 22 and could do very well (or not). But as I say, they are 2 good "free" signings. That doesn't mean I don't want to see us splashing some cash on a big name or two...

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd like them both at West Ham but good signings

> for Liverpool, really? Genuine not a Liverpool

> bash but suggest how far your expectations have

> dropped.

John Barnes speaking on Talkshite last night stated that Liverpool can't compete with the likes of Chavs, City in the wages department and can't attract the top players anymore, and that fans and club should lower their expectations accordingly.

CELTIC Football Club is delighted today (9/6/15) to announce that it has been granted permission to introduce ?safe standing? through the installation of a rail seating system at Celtic Park.

Celtic has been at the forefront of attempts in the UK to introduce this measure, having been in dialogue with the relevant authorities for over five years.

It is proposed that the rail seating area will initially accommodate up to 2,600 supporters and after we consult with our supporters, could potentially be introduced for the start of season 2016/17.

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell commented: ?Celtic has worked tirelessly on this issue and we are delighted that this permission has finally been granted?.

?The introduction of rail seating at Celtic Park represents an investment in spectator safety. Across football globally, the reality is that some supporters are choosing to stand at matches. This is something we must accept and manage and also understand the positive effect which these areas have on atmosphere at matches?.

?Celtic?s primary objective will always be the safety and comfort of its supporters ? this new system will now allow fans to stand safely at matches.?

?Rail seating has been in place in European football for some time and there has been considerable demand for some form of ?safe standing? within the UK and particularly from our supporters. We are sure the rail seating section will prove very popular with supporters and we look forward to its introduction.?

glad to be rid of BFS - we went back to his poor, negative tactics once he had 'his' players fit and we were 4th bottom in the second half of the season. Chelsea at Boxing Day sums him up - we were in top 4 and plays a weakened teaml the 2nd half rot started there.

Bilic - unproven and not my first choice by and stretch but the die is cast and i am not sorry to see Sam gone

I'm happy with Bilic post BFS. To be honest I'd of been happy with a Cauliflower instead of the negative, percentage playing, narcissistic, physiological clusterfuck that is Sam Allardyce. Of course it's risk, no PL experience, maybe limited draw to new players (apart from the usual 60k per week carrot) but that's football, a risk, it's romantic, foolish and dangerous and out of that you may get brilliance, you may get trenchfoot and relegation but I may get the West Ham back that I fell for, so I'll take him.

He took Beskitas to 5th, then 4th, then 3rd against the massive Turkish giants. They also played very well against both Liverpool and Spurs in the CL/Europa. Russia's not easy for anyone and being sacked is hardly a rarity in football management - BFS was sacked by Blackburn and Newcastle.

As I say, unproven but glad the walrus is gone...

I know you are glad he is gone ????'s. I'm just not sure they've made the right choice. I heard a WH fan say just the same thing, that he was glad to be rid of a 'Northerner' to be replaced by 'one of our own'. Oh yeah, he spend a season there I think and he's Croatian.

Where did I read another WH fan saying he just wants to see the team play in the way that made him go in the first place? I don't know if that was the 60's but these days it is all about who you can buy and/or staying in the PL. I hope it works out but I wouldn't bet on it.

Oh, another thing that WH fan said which may have a grain of truth in it was that once Carroll & Nolan both got injured SA had to play a different way. He put it down to luck with the injuries.

If you scroll up you'll find I said that plenty of times in this thread - once they were fit we went back to as you were and the pre-match capitulation at Chelsea showed leopards and spots. Best for both of us WH and Him really - he was targeted to get in the top 10 this season and he didn't do that, we really struggled last year until very near the end and we were lucky to get up via the Play offs when we did, in a season when we had by far the best squad and most to spend in the Championship , would be a less charitable but reasonably truthful non Sam and Sam's mates in the media spin on his time with us. When you add to that his contempt for West Ham's fans, to be frank Fuck him. I'm not sure we'd have done especially well with him this year either so am prepared to give Bilic a break.