Football Focus

Otta

Lambert to West Brom. Wish him the very best of luck, Liverpool never should have signed him, as never used him even when we had no other strikers. Feel like it stole a year of a career in it's latter stages.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lambert to West Brom. Wish him the very best of

> luck, Liverpool never should have signed him, as

> never used him even when we had no other strikers.

> Feel like it stole a year of a career in it's

> latter stages.

Agreed. Never quite understood why Liverpool signed Balotelli either, that was a massive gamble that misfired.

The strange thing about the Lambert signing was that he was never the type to fit into the supposed Liverpool 'style' and therefore never used. Poor buy. Not a poor player though. Balotelli has a different talent, so I could understand that more if you thought as a manager you'd be able to sort out what goes on between his ears which appears to be the main problem with him. The manager must have lost a lot of brownie points with those signings.

Balotelli plays best with a partner, yet Rogers rarely played that way. He expects players to fit his plans and has no flexibility.

I am liking him less and less to be honest.

But I am still hopeful for this season...

La Liga have also changed their 5pm Saturday KO times to 5.15 to suit UK viewers. TV are not allowed show any live football before 5.15 on a Saturday which often led to a 15 minute studio discussion about a game which was underway but we couldn't watch the first 15 minutes of.

I don't know what to expect this season. If Chelsea lose injury prone Costa for long periods they could be in trouble.

Arsenal appear to have a wealth of attacking talent. If they don't win it this year will they ever?

Are City still as ageing a team as I thought they were? I suppose Sterling will help but not sure if he of the birthday cake isn't on a downward spiral.

As for United, they have made some good signings it seems but are they all going to be integrated into the 1st XI? That never seems to work. They still need a CF and probably a CH though LVG spoke about wanting an attacking player with speed. Bale rumours have started again. Now he would be a good buy.

Prediction:

Arsenal

Chelsea

Man.Utd

City (Manager on Death Row isn't a good idea)

These 4 quite a way ahead of the rest.

Legia Warsaw Are Awarded a 3-0 Win By UEFA 12 Months After Urging Celtic to ?Settle Matters Honourably?

AUGUST 4TH, 2015 DCAW FOOTBALL 0 COMMENTS

Legia Warsaw have been awarded a 3-0 win over Albanian side FK Kukesi after their Europa League first-leg tie was abandoned last week.

The game was stopped after Midfielder Ondrej Duda was carried off the pitch after being hit by a stone thrown from the partizan Albanian crowd early in the second half, with his side 2-1 up.

In addition to the forfeit, Kukesi will have to play their next Uefa match behind closed doors and have been fined ?49,160.

I'm surprised so many are tipping Chelsea. I tipped them myself last season but felt they got off lightly with so few injuries and the others being a bit crap. Always hard to defend the title too.

I see Spurs have got another friendly tonight, did someone forget to tell them that the PL kicks off in 3 days time?...