red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Parkdrive Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Will the families finally get justice, I doubt

> it.

> > I wonder if any of the families will take legal

> > action on the back of this decision.

>

> Depends what they see as justice. For some it will

> be this verdict, nothing more. For others it will

> be further legal action...

For me it's also about accountability, and I wonder if anyone will be prosecuted on the basis that they are deemed to be accountable for what transpired on that awful day. Or have those that made the wrong decisions on the day retired and thus escaped the threat of prosecution?

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Parkdrive Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > To be fair snake Fabregas said the same think

> when

> > he was a pundit on sky last Monday night, and I

> > know I'm stating the blindly obvious here but

> > apart from Spurs fans, everybody wants

> Leicester

> > to win the title.

>

> Actually I'd rather see Spurs win it - I'm just

> not sure what the reason is but something feels

> wrong about Leicester winning it. Can't put my

> finger on why though.

Just to remind Jah and others that I went public on my support for Spurs before the wba game. Would have been great if spurs had won. But it didn't happen.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Didn't take our chances tonight. Hit the woodwork

> three times. As far as the title goes that's it.

> We won't catch Leicester now. Fair play to the

> Baggies for not heading to the beach early.

> This is a very good young Spurs side that will be

> all the better for the experience they've had this

> season and will be hungrier to go one step further

> next time round.

Nice modest post by the way. I was going to be slighty provocative but thought better of it when I saw this. It would be great for Leicester to win the title, but must be painfull when you have your best team for 55 years, full of Englsh players, and have to come across a once in a 100 years situation.

I'd be more grumpy about this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17973141 although it is now in bad taste to speculate futher.

This copied from a Hammers forum kind of sums it up for me:

"Leiscter City's awful, newbie, happy-clappy support don't deserve this. Where were they in the Championship with 20K crowds? W*nkers.

Still, the alternative ie Foooking Spurs winning the league doesn't bare thinking about"

I can't believe anyone would bitch about Leicester possibly winning the league. It probably wouldn't happen if it were either Manchester clubs, Chelsea or the Arse chasing them for it.

I suppose Dulwich Hamlet won't deserve to get promoted (if they do) because not that long ago their gates were often less than 200.

OK so I have been thinking. I went to most of my matches between 71 and 82. I saw the rise in violence, the deterioration of the game, falling attendances, crumbling stadiums etc.

I started to go just after the Ibrox disaster. I saw more crash barriers go up on the terracing, and capacities redueced on safety grounds

As attendances started to drop more seating was put in to maintain income, some of this being at the rear of the away terrace (eg Villa Park and Hillsbourough). And then the fences went up. And then the pens stated to appear. So once you had banks of away terracing that was unconstrained and people were not boxed in. The fences were uncessary as most got onto the pitch during a match to get away from the bother not cause it. There seemed to be more aggro once the pens went up than before as it got more tribal.

So to 1980 when I was at a once famous midlands ground. The away terracing had held held 15 - 20 thousand. Now redueced to 6000 at the front standing, and a similar number of seats upstairs. We got into the terracing, it was rather packed. So the stewards/police opened the gates at the front and a number of us were walked round the pitch into the less busy corners. Easy. You may see where I am coming from.

Fast forward to 89. Reduced capacity in the away terracing. Fences. Pens. Not the midlands ground but one in South Yorkshire. So at the time, and ever since I wondered why they didn't just simply manage the crowd as I had experienced in 1980. I put the blame down to stadium design and stewarding.

But - having been to many matches - I also believed that people did arrive late, some without tickets, many drunk. Because I had seen all of this many times. And there was still the...dare I say... coonection with Heysel.

So I am stunned that in deed this was all fabrication. Questioning myself for my attitude at the time until now and how the powers that be (and Thatcher hated football and Liverpool), the establishment, the media and uncle Tom Cobbley had continued to spin and propogate this lie.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Wtf came over Spurs tonight....crikey.

>

> Don't really care about Leicester in particular,

> but everyone loves Ranieri, what a great guy and

> everyone is pleased for him.

I've previously said I wanted Leicester to win it and extremely pleased they have. Leicester have been a breath of fresh in an otherwise toxic premier league.

It took Spurs until the fifth game of the season to register a win (including an away draw at Leicester) and Harry Kane to get on the scoresheet. We generally accepted that a top four finish was this season's target. We've scored more goals than anyone else, conceded the least, have the top goalscorer in Harry Kane and Dele Alli is the Young Player of the Year. All that with the youngstest squad in the league. A win at home to Southampton on Sunday and we'll finish second... above Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, and laughing at Chelsea. Hopefully, next season we can go one better.

Massive congratulations to Leicester City, they have thoroughly deserved to be champions of the Premiership this season and done it with a manager who has not resorted to silly mind games and trash talking. Claudio Ranieri is a gent. No doubt they'll be putting up a statue of him outside The King Power Stadium very soon.

???? Wrote:

> Didn't boo. Leicster were pretty impressive, Payet

> too but we had a load of possession with very

> little penetration - we could have done with Andy

> Carroll TBH as their big defenders were more than

> a match for an isolated Sahko and they hit us on

> the breaks.

Called it right early.....:)

Teams have been defending high up the pitch against Leicester all season despite the warnings. Weird.

Refreshing to see Vardy etc shoot on sight when compared to shot shy teams like Arsenal who pass the ball into boring oblivion.

Speed kills.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Teams have been defending high up the pitch

> against Leicester all season despite the warnings.

> Weird.

>

> Refreshing to see Vardy etc shoot on sight when

> compared to shot shy teams like Arsenal who pass

> the ball into boring oblivion.

>

> Speed kills.

And still beat Leicester twice unlike any other team, so how do you make that out?

I was talking of my experience from my recent visit to the Emirates. Arsenal losing to Watford.

After posting I was going to change it to read Arsenal and Celtic (before anyone took it personally which people seem to do, don't they) - same old dull passing game, forgetting that scoring goals is the point of the game.

At least we have the sense to sack our manager, or ask him to leave or something.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> I was talking of my experience from my recent

> visit to the Emirates. Arsenal losing to Watford.

>

>

> After posting I was going to change it to read

> Arsenal and Celtic (before anyone took it

> personally which people seem to do, don't they) -

> same old dull passing game, forgetting that

> scoring goals is the point of the game.

>

> At least we have the sense to sack our manager, or

> ask him to leave or something.

Perhaps they take it personally because you seem to have an issue with one team in particular and then become indignant when followers of that team have the audacity to pull you up. While I agree things need to change, those that support other clubs, you follow the irons if I remember correctly, would do well to remember that in comparison to West Ham we've not done too badly under Wenger. Yes I've questioned his tactics and decision making at times but currently, apart from managers already committed to other clubs, there isn't an outstanding candidate that can step in if he were to make way. I would have had Ancelloti when he was free but there you go. As for having the sense to ask your managers to "leave or something", West Hams track record is hardly a glowing recommendation for revolving door policy is it?