Otta

maxxi Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think you need a lie down Parky - first you

> think I'm a 'yanited' fan now Mick Mac's an

> Iron?!

>

> Are all you QPR fans like this?

My bad, but whatever team he supports is secondary to his problem with Arsenal. Why would you go and watch a side if you clearly are anti the club and it's style of play, unless of course you're a closet gooner. If you don't like the style of play, why on earth would you pay money to go and watch it? That would be like watching Scottish football week in week out, poor standard of football in a poor league, with only one club likely to win the title. That's just wrong.

I was a big Arsenal fan PD from the mid eighties and a constant on the North Bank for a couple of seasons from 1990 - 1992 - just lost interest over time.

Celtic is my team and I find it hard to find a particular attraction to an English team currently - I quite liked Spurs until last week.

Celtic will introduce a safe-standing area from the start of next season.

The club confirmed in their season-ticket renewal information that rail seats are to be installed at Celtic Park over the summer.

The modified area will be in the corner of the Lisbon Lions Stand.

Permission was granted in June last year, with the model being used based on versatile seating common at German grounds. Their initial plans were to accommodate up to 2,600 supporters.

Glasgow City Council, which had twice previously rejected applications from the Scottish champions, gave the project its approval in June last year.

At the time, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said: "Across football globally, the reality is that some supporters are choosing to stand at matches.

"Rail seating has been in place in European football for some time and there has been considerable demand for some form of safe standing within the UK and particularly from our supporters."

I only saw the MOTD "high"lights, but Newcastle looked absolutely woeful. I thought they were looking like surviving last week, but very very unlikely now. Should have brought Rafa in earlier, he didn't have much time to sort things out.

I'm sure half those Green St traders will find a way (hook or crook)to carry on a bit of business near Olympiana - the whole thing wouldn't hurt as much if the club weren't moving to what I still think will prove a relatively atmosphere-free zone. I think the first game there will be full of fans staring in disbelief at this patch of grass in the distance and saying "F*ck me, is this the view?!"

From Juan Mata's blog.

Spot the mistake :)...

''There is no time for celebrations though, since we have another game on Tuesday as difficult as the one on Saturday, or even more.

It?s against West Ham, our last away game of the Premiership. It?s going to be special: the last official game at the Boleyn Ground, where West Ham has been playing for 112 years. With that image of Sir Bobby Moore, it?s a place that breathes English football? it will be an honour to be there and try to get the last win.

West Ham has been a tough opponent this season. We know them well because we?ve played against them in the FA Cup too. They are in the seventh position by a combination of effort and talent, not by chance.''

DulwichFox Wrote:

> West Ham play their last game at the Boleyn ground

> today..

>

> One would of thought that they would of organised

> a West Ham - Millwall friendly to round things

> off

>

> Foxy

I think they decided that West Ham V Millwall friendlies were best left alone since the Harry Cripps Testimonial at the Den

DulwichFox Wrote:

> West Ham play their last game at the Boleyn ground

> today..

>

> One would of thought that they would of organised

> a West Ham - Millwall friendly to round things

> off

>

> Foxy

I think they are getting professionals in to demolish the stadium?

'bout now Wrote:

> I think they are getting professionals in to

> demolish the stadium?

I'd imagine quite a few fans will try and take something home with then tonight, surprised the club haven't said season ticket holders get first dibs on their seat, as long as they make a charitable donation..or have they?