Gigs / Local Bands

tommo

THIS WEEK AT THE GREAT EXHIBITION

Wednesday - Hugo and his ragtime piano. 8-10pm

Thursday - Local resident Ana Bon-Bon and her sugar coated gentlemen ( Americana and 1930's blues)

Sunday - Vintage New Orleans Jazz Trio the Sax Pastilles 2-4pm

All of these artist often play ticketed events in central London..... But for you, it's our treat :-)

Two gigs next sunday in south london

I wil be playing a duo gig with Miller Anderson next sunday afternoon at The Draft House, Lordship Lane, East Dulwich London SE22 from 4- 6 in the afternoon

and then the f4-piece blues band will

be playing in the evening from 8 pm at The Magic Garden, Battersea Park Road

Here's half a gig from the other week

Dr King & The Prisonaires @ The Cherry Tree 24 Aug 2013 set 2 by Kingy1066 1

• 1 month later...
Some local live music coming up on the 11th at Peckham Liberal Club. Bands of a variety of genres, including The Zonderlings (featuring two forum regulars). There will be DJs too. And curried goat (I think that's actual food, not the name of a band). Proceeds to the Philippines Storm Relief Fund.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Some local live music coming up on the 11th at

> Peckham Liberal Club. Bands of a variety of

> genres, including The Zonderlings (featuring two

> forum regulars). There will be DJs too. And

> curried goat (I think that's actual food, not the

> name of a band). Proceeds to the Philippines Storm

> Relief Fund.

xxxxxxx

It's a great venue!

ETA: Sadly they won't (or wouldn't) let anything be booked on a Friday night, for which Bingo is sacrosanct (not sure if that's grammatical, but you know what I mean ....)

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've never been in there before. But I saw some

> pics online and it looks like a bit of a time

> capsule...

xxxxx

Yes it is, that's why it's so fantastic :))

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you enjoyed the Bowie gig - - I'm one of the organisers.

If you like the club do join! membership for 2014 is now open, and we really need lots of locals to come, join, get involved, and above all USE the place. Its definitely a case of 'use it or lose' it.

Membership is ?20 PA - and you need to go and have a few drinks there - and get the signatures of two existing members to join. Mewmbership forms are avaialbel from the club - ask for Charles or Janice

The club is available for booking form external groups - as you can see above; negotiable rates depending on if you are a community or nonprofit group and so on. There's plenty of room, three bars, a snooker room, garden. There have been some great evenings there in 2013 - so roll up. We have a Burns night evening this month with reeling and haggis run by one of our members. There's yoga starting too, and quite a few other things going on which I will try and post.

If you join and get involved you can of course suggest any new activities you want to happen/run yourself ;-)

http://www.peckhamliberalclub.org/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peckham-Liberal-Club/233915243450505

@peckhamlibclub