Recommendation for Electrician - Shaun Owens

phildbrown

We arrived home from holiday to find the fridge and freezer not working and a tripped fuse. Over the next 24 hours, what started as an intermittent problem recurred ever more frequently until only the lighting circuit would remain working. Problem originated in the kitchen which was fully renovated only 5 years ago.

Used Google and found several recommendations for Shaun Owens on EDF. Shaun was able to visit first thing the next day (arriving right on time) and immediately won our confidence and trust with his professional and systematic approach as well as polite and positive attitude. He succeeded in diagnosing and fixing a potentially tricky fault well within 2 hours. Very impressive, very organised and very reasonable rates. I would not hesitate to use Shaun again.

• 7 months later...
Has anyone tried to use Shaun recently? he did as job for me in September/October but i have since had really problems with a light fitting he moved, which seems to have become dangerous. I have been trying to contact him since February about it but he refuses to get back to me.

• 10 months later...

I would recommend Shaun without question or hesitation.

We have used him a number of times and his work has always been top notch. He speaks English as opposed to Electrician-ese, has good ideas and is very tidy in his work. He is quite busy so occasionally takes a short while to get back to you but it's never been a problem for us.

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't use anyone else - Shaun Owens (07974 943346, [email protected]) is brilliant. Very knowledgeable about his trade and legal safety requirements, trustworthy, respectful of the environment he is working in (your house!), inspires confidence, works hard, well-spoken polite young man.

He turned up when he said he would, carried out a variety of jobs, quoted me for a big job (bringing my house's electrics up to date after the 10-year safety certificate expired)and was able to return the following week for the big job. While working, part of the job was quicker than he anticipated so he knocked the appropriate sum off the bill. Additionally, he can use his wherewithal to reduce any effort on the part of the customer. I wanted an outside security light, didn't want the hassle of finding out about the different types or styles, asked Shaun if he could just make the choice for me and he returned from his short lunch break with two examples which worked in different ways and both at very reasonable prices, quickly ran through the pros and cons of each and so I was able to make a decision without having wasted a lot of time first.

I remembered Shaun from when I used him a few years ago in my previous property, was impressed then and wanted to use him again. I must admit that my original text inquiring if he was available was not answered (this is rather at odds with his otherwise highly-organised work approach). However I rang him and he answered straight away. I have found that ringing directly is the best way to get hold of him.

Shaun's your man for electrical works!

D