parking ticket on motorcycle outside Sainsbury's

macutd

Not Sainsburys cos I now park in the m/b bay at the far end, but I did once get one in the Halfords/B&Q car park on the old Kent road. Guess its down to whoever runs the carpark, but have to say m/b parking provision at these stores is generally poor

I'm sorry you got a ticket. It would be better for me and other pedestrians using the store (or heading for champion hill and surrounding area) if motorcycles were parked in allocated spaces rather than the pavement area. There isn't much space for pedestrians and I often have to wait for bikes to park or reverse before passing with a buggy and small child. The car park is badly designed. If you have to use the slope between Champion Hill and the store you are led directly into the road; you either have to dodge cars or turn right behind those parked/reversing before you can get to the only bit of pavement - which motorcyclists are using a lot. I'm not having a go but thought this would be a good opportunity to highlight the problem.

I rarely use the designated motorcycle parking bay at Sainsburys specially when it's raining, and I park somewhere near the seats outside the coffee shop area. When moving off I always let others go first and make sure there's no kids running near me. Basic manners and common sense. The bikes I often see there are not in anyone's way as the walking area part is along the path out of the way of the tables/seating anyway and the large fixed advertising board that sticks out perpendicular from the store window parallel to the area where all the trolleys are stored, so you can't walk there anyway. Ticketing bikes there is just sad and pointless. We're not a problem, far more dangerous is what I agree is the poor design of the car park, and cars driving out too fast. I successfully highlighted the dangerous zebra crossing area which had a blind spot so the cars couldn't see the pedestrians coming. They sorted that!

I'm sure there are many bikers as considerate as you Peckhamrose but not all. Sometimes bikes are in the way and with the only space for pedestrians being used/crossed by bikes so often it can be frustrating. Thanks for highlighting the danger and getting changes made. My safety concerns were ignored; i think i'll try again.

I park mine similar to PR, tucked in by the poster thing so it's not interrupting anyone's route. The actual designated spaces are in a bit of a dark corner and I feel much better about security in the light from the shop.

As a biker I park on the pavement a fair amount but always make sure it's out of the flow of pedestrians. Plain courtesy really.

My husband once parked his motor bike on Bond St, illegaly, I admit, between a Rolls and a Merc, also illegal. When he returned a few minutes later, he had a ticket, but the two posh cars didn't, Odd, isn't it?. Must have been invisible.He appealed, on those grounds, and the ticket got withdrawn. Also got his ticket cancelled for parking on the open area outside the National Theatre.

Lynne